The Best Tech Jobs in Europe Are Waiting For You in Estonia
Some of the best tech jobs in Europe today can be found in Tallinn, the digitally advanced capital of Estonia. And landing one of those coveted jobs has never been easier.
At the most recent Jobbatical webinar, Everything You Need to Know About Getting a Tech Job in Estonia, we talked about the advantages of Estonia as a career destination for tech professionals from all over the world.
Watch a replay of the whole discussion here
One of the easiest and most exciting ways to get a tech job in Estonia right now is the Career Hunt campaign. The second of its kind held in as many years, Career Hunt 2019 is an IT recruitment campaign that offers tech specialists from anywhere the chance to fast-track their career. With jobs available at 14 top employers in Estonia, Career Hunt offers a unique look into—and a foot in the door at—one of the most vibrant tech ecosystems being built in Europe today. Organizer Kaisa-Triin Kosenkranius joined our webinar to go in-depth into the campaign Work in Estonia is running with support from Jobbatical.
Out of everyone who applies for Career Hunt, 25 top contenders get an all-inclusive, action-packed five-day trip to Tallinn. In addition to meeting the employers, the candidates will have free access to local tech events and experience the best of Estonia like a local.
Also joining our conversation about tech jobs in Estonia was Mercedes Zoireff from Argentina. She landed her current Product Owner job in Estonia through the first Career Hunt campaign. Handpicked from more than 2,000 candidates who applied from 127 countries, Mercedes was flown in from Argentina to snowy Estonia for face-to-face interviews last December. She quickly secured a job offer and now lives in Tallinn. Her transition into her new life has been so smooth, she says, that the biggest problem she’s run into so far has been buying milk at the supermarket.
Watch this clip of Mercedes (who also goes by Maria) meeting the President of Estonia:
Mercedes also revealed that she hadn’t expected to be selected for the trip or to snag a job offer. But realizing she had nothing to lose, she threw her hat in the ring anyway. Addressing the hundreds of people tuned in to the live webinar, Mercedes urged everyone with even the slightest interest in the Career Hunt roles to take a few minutes to send in their application.
And time’s running out, so think fast! The application round for Career Hunt closes on March 31st.
How to get an awesome tech job with Career Hunt:
- Check out the roles at Career Hunt.
- See something you like? Hit “Apply now” to apply with your Jobbatical profile! You can also apply super fast with your LinkedIn profile.
- Another job catching your eye? Great, you can apply for as many of the roles as you want.
- If your profile is the bee’s knees, Jobbatical will invite you for a preliminary interview.
- After the first round, we might ask you to do a technical assignment.
- Aced the assignment? Work in Estonia will treat you to a five-day all-expenses-paid trip where you’ll interview in person and get to know Estonia as a potential new home.
- If sparks fly in the interview, you’ll get an official job offer. Relocation and immigration support included.
- Ready to take the leap? Just say yes and move to Estonia!
The Career Hunt companies and roles everyone’s talking about:
- Protect people and businesses as a Senior Mac OS System Developer at next-gen cybersecurity company Malwarebytes.
- Be a Java Developer at TransferWise, one of Europe’s fastest-growing startups.
- Design and build back-end systems as a Senior Back-End Software Engineer at Bolt (previously Taxify), Estonia’s very own ride-sharing unicorn.
- Join Finestmedia, a global player in business transformation, as a Senior Data Science Consultant.
- Be a Full-Stack Developer at Veriff, the big new name in online identity verification.
- Craft the next-generation of mobile banking features as an Android Developer at Monese.
- Develop products and services used by millions as a Senior Java Developer at Swedbank, Estonia’s largest bank.
- Tackle puzzling challenges as a Front-End Developer at Mooncascade, a leading software and product development company.
- As an Infrastructure Engineer at Pipedrive, help build the best platform for their product—the weapon of choice for salespeople at scaling companies.
- Put your C# and/or React skills to work as a Senior Software Developer at Genius Sports, a global leader in sports data technology, distribution, and commercialization services.
- Develop world-changing ideas as a Full-Stack Python Developer at Thorgate Digital, a high-flying software product agency.
- Be a Senior Java Engineer at betPawa, a fast-growing online sports, gaming, and betting company.
- Work on challenging banking and financial services projects as a Full-Stack Developer at Icefire, an award-winning Nordic FinTech powerhouse.
- Disrupt the 2-trillion-dollar local deliveries industry as a Senior Back-End Developer at Starship Technologies, a groundbreaking company that builds self-driving delivery robots.
See now why we’re calling these some of the best tech jobs in Europe today?
Which one is the right challenge for you? Which one will you recommend to your tech-crazy friend, neighbor, sister, or cousin’s roommates’s uncle?
Bookmark this page and apply with your Jobbatical or LinkedIn profile before March 31st.