Chief Product Owner (CPO)
StudyPortals does not offer visa sponsorship
StudyPortals will not arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate or cover the associated costs.
in Eindhoven, Netherlands
As a world-class chief product owner (CPO), you have a proven track record in online product development. You will ensure StudyPortals is the undisputed number one platform in the world that helps students enrol in the best program fit, and universities to recruit best fit students. Read more about StudyPortals
- Build the best, and most sticky information platform that stays relevant to students throughout their decision-making process.
- Develop the world’s leading marketplace that facilitates the best match between international students and universities, based on their profiles and ambitions, resulting in hundreds of thousands of international enrolments.
- Grow the number of users by more than 70% per year.
- Put student satisfaction on the map of international study-choice: using reliable student reviews and ratings to guide student decision making.
- Lead the product innovation team, expand it from the current 8 FTE to 16 FTE by the end of 2018, and coach your team members in their steep personal growth.
- Build on our long-term product vision - change, improve and sharpen it, and execute it with rigour.
- Improve the product innovation processes to be world class. Our aim: to be one of the leading companies in effective agile product innovation.
- Minimum 10 years work experience with a track record of success in online product owner roles, ideally with experience in leading online marketplaces.
- Technical affinity or background.
- Good UX/UI skills.
- Proven experience with the product management process and intimately familiar with principles behind Agile and Scrum.
- People management experience with a track record of (early) success.
- Entrepreneurial by spirit, driven to get things done, appreciate open feedback, dedicated, and serious about having fun.
- A great match with our mission and core values.
- University degree required.
- Native or, near native English, both oral and written (level C1 of the Common European Framework).
- A good team player, enjoys contributing to the personal development of his/her colleagues
- Being able to code.
- Study abroad experience
- An annual personal development budget, because personal growth is KEY!
- Apply and let's talk about your competitive salary and excellent bonus scheme.
- Reimbursement of your work-related travel costs.
- An attractive discount for a collective insurance package with IAK, covering public and private insurances from healthcare and home insurance to car and liability insurances.
- A company environment that is serious about having fun with everything we do, including frequent memorable team events, table tennis, slide, etc.
- The opportunity to make our world a little better, and be at the core of the growth phase of a study choice giant that the global market is desperately waiting for.
- Main office in the Centre of Eindhoven, the Netherlands, 5 minutes from the central station, 10 minutes from the airport.
- Informal, entrepreneurial, and flexible atmosphere where self-initiative is highly appreciated. Apart from your contribution to the company, your personal development has high priority.
As we have recently concluded an investment round, our growth ambitions have increased significantly. Having a great product is key to reaching these ambitions. In fact, it is leading. We aim to provide the world’s best decision information for international students, achieving the ‘best match’ between students and universities. In order to achieve these ambitions, we are quickly scaling our product development capacity from 36 to 63 FTE in 1.5 years, which includes growth from 5 to 9 Scrum teams.
This is a critical and key function for us at StudyPortals. As a visionary product leader, you can think big towards global disruption. You are focused and dare to make bold choices. As you can easily synthesize information, you will translate data, user feedback, and expert input into a laser-sharp, long-term vision and product strategy.
You are an excellent communicator, and people respect you as an inspirational leader. Your expertise on agile product development will assist in long-term planning, backlog prioritization, analytics, and stakeholder involvement.
As CPO you will lead the product innovation team, including the product owners, user research, and the StudyPortals Labs team, which focuses on more radical innovations. You will work closely with, among others, the marketing director, the CCO, and the CTO (who leads the engineering department). You will report directly to the CEO and be a part of the management team.
About StudyPortals in Eindhoven, Netherlands
StudyPortals is a fast-growing online platform where students can find and compare their education options internationally.
Our mission is to empower the world to choose education. We focus on quality from both a student as well as a university perspective: offering the best information for students, and low-effort, cost-effective, and result-based marketing for universities.
Over 2,450 universities participate across 67 countries, creating transparency across 117,000+ study programmes. We have a large global visitor base of over 19 million visits every year.
The StudyPortals team now consists of over a hundred and seventy people worldwide from 35 different nationalities, and we're expecting to grow the team to about 200 people in the upcoming year. StudyPortals proudly ranks 18th in the 2015 Employee satisfaction ranking, an annual survey carried out by SatisAction and the NRC. Our HQ is located in Eindhoven, in the iconic Klokgebouw, at Strijp-S, a hub of entrepreneurship, technology, and design. We also have operations in Boston, Melbourne, Manchester, Stockholm and Bucharest.