Mindvalley offers visa sponsorship
Mindvalley will arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate and cover the associated costs.
in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
We're seeking an experienced iOS developer who can create and design mobile applications for iOS platforms. Read more about Mindvalley
- Build exciting applications and implementing flows and mock-ups provided by UX and design teams.
- Apart from having the ability to write performant and clean code with great attention to detail, you will also contribute with solutions and suggestions for improvement as you work closely with product development and marketing teams.
- Being one of our talented developers, you'll have an opportunity to learn and grow, and be a key part of creating our products.
- In addition to having excellent technical skills, you have a keen interest in the latest technologies and have a feel for user experience.
- You are more than just a developer, someone who understands that a great app must do great things yet is simple and intuitive.
- You are pixel-perfect, knowing that a pixel to the right is not merely a pixel to the right.
- You understand that an organized code with the well-applied design patterns will make a difference.
- You are fascinated with technology and eager to learn everything you can, applying the coolest and most amazing techniques there are.
- You add a "magic touch" that will dazzle your users.
- You have experience with Cocoa Touch, Objective-C and Swift.
- You are familiar with XCode and iOS SDK.
- You have experience with storyboards and auto layouts.
- You have a good understanding of JSON and XML.
- You are familiar with RESTful web service and perhaps even GraphQL.
- You have an iOS app in the AppStore.
- You have experience with MVVM and other design patterns.
- You have experience with manipulating audio and video in iOS.
- You have great logic and problem-solving skills.
- You have effective communication skills.
- You feel comfortable (and enjoy) working outside your comfort zone.
- You are an A player, willing to do whatever is necessary to deliver a great product.
- This position requires you to be physically located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, and is not open to full-time remote working.
- Attach your resume in pdf format. Include links to software, mobile apps, your coding samples, or your web designs and portfolio so we can see proof of your talents.
Compensation & Benefits
- Apply and let's discuss your salary and benefits.
- Mindvalley is a 6 time winner of the World's Most Democratic Workplace Award.
- Work on a team that's launching some of the most innovative and highest grossing apps on the iTunes store.
- We have our own 150-seater auditorium that hosts the best tech meetups in our city, meaning tons of growth and connection opps.
- Work in an office that was voted one of the top ten Coolest Offices in the World in an Inc Magazine audience poll.
- A Macbook or PC laptop that you can take home and use on the weekends and after working hours.
- Enjoy flexible working hours, which fit into your life as you want them to - you'll get to work in a medium size, with a highly international team.
- Whatever hardware and software you need to ensure that you can play, create, learn, and grow more every day.
- Annual trip to paradise island, a team of 100+ folks from 32 countries, killer growth opportunities, flexitime and more.
In addition to having excellent technical skills, you have a keen interest in the latest technologies and have a feel for user experience. You'll be responsible for building exciting applications and implementing flows and mock ups as provided by UX and design teams. Apart from having the ability to write fast and clean code with great attention to detail, you also come up with solutions and suggestions for improvement as you will be working closely with product development and marketing teams.
Tech at Mindvalley
Due to the unique environment that Mindvalley has in terms of having its own ecosystem of applications that support the business, working with us in a technical role is a great challenge.
We generally look for attitude over aptitude when it comes to technical skills, a history of proven execution and excellent root cause analysis problem solving skills are things that we value highly.
We predominantly build apps with an nginx, Unicorn, Ruby, Redis and PostgreSQL architecture on Linode, so experience with any of these will be valuable to us.
The technical ecosystem is both interesting and broad covering systems that deal with:
- Payment processing (both check-out and backend)
- Media streaming (live and repeated)
- Serving websites to large audiences (high concurrency)
- In-house customer service tools
- Financial reporting
- Shipping and logistics
- E-mail handling (sign-ups, cohort analysis etc)
- Authentication, identification and user data collection/analysis
- In-house Textile-based CMS for large number of sites
Any technical role will provide a good mix of development work, systems thinking, problem solving, business analysis with a large dose of teamwork.
We run functional teams based on the SCRUM methodology and are a fairly Agile environment, with 2 week sprints and teams with a minimum of 2 developers (preferably 3) plus a platform owner. Sprints cannot be interrupted and work is planned out well in advance to keep stress down to a minimum.
We have a focus on scalability, stability and code quality, and we use tools such as Circle-CI and Code Climate to help with that.
Other stuff we do/you will encounter:
- Line by line code reviews for every pull request on Github, this maintains code quality and keeps everyone in the loop and learning.
- At least 2 people working together on every project (collaborating not pairing.)
- Full test coverage for everything important.
- Constant learning (we have learn days, and unlimited book budget, conference/training budget etc.)
Mindvalley is a global brand and company that invests in, creates and builds businesses that align with its goal to push humanity forward. Mindvalley grew from its roots as a digital publishing company, to build a series of successful businesses in a wide variety of sectors ranging from mobile apps, marketing, technology, personal growth and entrepreneurship, to health and wellness. It’s been a fun, crazy ride so far.
Across our companies, we employ over 200 employees from over 40 nationalities, working in our award-winning space, Mindvalley HQ. We’re global, and we sure love diversity. If you join us, we will sponsor your visa/work permit.
We stand for ideas, companies, and products that allow human beings to live healthier, happier lives. From creating and investing in startups and education models that inspire and foster progress and innovation, to creating work cultures that cultivate creativity and freedom—we are ambitiously, ridiculously, and irreverently determined to unleash the full potential of humanity and move the planet forward.
Life at Mindvalley
At Mindvalley, we grow our employees into extraordinary individuals by exposing them to leading edge ideas in human transformation. But here, we don’t just work on ourselves - we take the whole world to new heights with us.
We often hear from people that today’s education failed them. So Mindvalley partners with legendary teachers to fill these gaps and create disruptive new ways of learning. We do this in the real world by inventing a radically new form of college called Mindvalley U., and we do this online via Mindvalley Academy and its innovative new forms of digital learning like Quests.
Ultimately, we’re more than an education company, we’re a community of 2 million people across 100+ countries dedicated to becoming the most extraordinary versions of ourselves. And we are using these new found abilities to help push humanity forward.
No matter what role you fit into, you’ll be playing a crucial part in transforming lives across the planet. Because at Mindvalley, all paths lead to one common goal: upgrading humanity to its next level. Imagine collaborating and hanging out with some of the smartest, most ingenious, passionate people in the world. Learning the freshest, most innovative ideas in the realm of education and personal growth. Being part of festivals like A-Fest happening in exotic locations worldwide, meeting and creating with legendary authors and teachers, working from an award winning designer office with colleagues from 40+ countries -- but most importantly, taking advantage of the many opportunities here to grow into the best version of yourself you can be -- in mind, body, spirit and your ability to have an impact on the world.
Ready to apply to Mindvalley? This three-step process will help you see if we're a match:
Mindvalley is a not a regular company. Rather we are a cross between a company, a community and a mission. We’re focused on ONE thing --- envisioning the future of human education and making that future a reality TODAY, so we can push the human race forward.
Because of this, we care about three things when you apply. First, which Mindvalley education mission best appeals to you, second, if you can fully and relentlessly get behind our values and finally, which team you’d like to join. At Mindvalley, we live and breathe our mission.
Step 1: Does Our Mission Excite You?
The most extraordinary people in the world today don't have a career. What they have -- is a mission. At Mindvalley, our mission is to give humanity the education system it deserves.
When you’re working at Mindvalley, you can directly touch millions of lives of with your work and give human beings one of the greatest gifts of all, the gift of wisdom and knowledge that leads to them awakening into the greatest version of themselves.
We’re working on education in a number of ways. Before applying, see if any of these four initiatives appeal to you. Can you see yourself working on one of these projects for the next 3 years?
Mission 1 - Work with Legendary Teachers to Create Best-in-Class Courses
Mission 2 - Build the World’s Best Online Learning Platform
Mission 3 - Reinvent University for the Future
Mission 4 - Shape the Teachers that will Uplift Humanity
Step 2: Do You Align with Our Values?
These three values define everything we do. Do they resonate with you?
We fiercely believe in multiculturalism, humanism and environmentalism. We as the human race are in the evolution towards a better future together. As a Mindvalley community, we will never be afraid to take a bold stand for what we believe is right.
Transforming individuals into the best versions of themselves is our goal - this holds true for our customers, partners and employees.
We are not afraid to question the status quo and will never settle in our pursuit to push boundaries and create a better future. Our default approach is innovation, even if it involves a healthy disregard for (b)rules.
Step 3: Would You Love to Be Part of One Of These Teams?
Our teams drive us towards the mission. Our work culture and employee development programs attract brilliant applicants from around the world. Make it in, and you’ll be working with some of the best minds in the business. We understand that “A” players attract “A” players. We recruit people who are not just brilliant, but people who are talented, driven, positive and live life with a purpose. Get in, and you’ll be surrounded with friends, peers and a network that will help you move your life to a whole new level. Each team seeks people of unique and different skills.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Moving to Malaysia
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Malaysia within approximately 4 weeks after submitting your application. If you need a visa to enter Malaysia, the visa processing time will be added to that.