in Tallinn, Estonia
Do you have what it takes to steer a strong development team towards a common vision? Do you have a wealth of experience as a senior developer, as well as a firm handle on modern programming languages? Join MYJAR in Tallinn and help them become a household name in the financial services space! Read more about MYJAR
- Establish a technical vision with the development team and, in collaboration with Chapter Leads, work with developers to turn it into reality
- Take on traits that other roles may have (such as a team lead, architect or software engineering manager) but remain hands-on with code
- Focus on technical matters that affect more than just one developer
- Step in on heated technical debates, work to resolve technical disputes, and be watchful of technical decisions that have long-term consequences
- Work with stakeholders to define technical options and agree on solutions for future streams of work
- Write code with the other developers and sometimes call for development huddles to agree on a common direction and information sharing
- Work closely with the CTO and other engineering managers to build an ideal work environment
- Assist the system architect in ensuring the overall application architecture suitably fits the business problem
- Work with the team to establish and validate their understanding of the architecture
- Enact an appropriate amount of standardization to help productivity without killing innovation
- Facilitate effective communication and engagement within the team and between others across the organization
- Lead by example, adhering to and consistently exceeding the standards of professional and ethical behavior expected of the team
- Help the team improve themselves and each other
- You have 8-10 years' experience as a senior developer, team lead, architect or in another similar role, preferably in an international environment.
- You have a working knowledge of the Agile software development process.
- Experience working in a managerial position would be an advantage.
- You're decisive and analytical, with excellent leadership skills and a drive to collaborate with others.
- Reliability, correctness, and responsibility are some of your defining qualities.
- You're proactive and eager to take initiative.
- You're well-organized and your attention to detail is immaculate.
- Your communication skills are excellent both in person and in writing.
- You will receive a competitive salary and benefits package.
- We do everything in our power to promote a healthy lifestyle: You'll benefit from sporting and medical benefits, counselling when you need it, a masseur in the office, healthy snacks in the kitchen, and regular health check-ups.
- We're proud of the fun, friendly, and comfortable work environment we've created. We celebrate work anniversaries and birthdays, have a recreation room, and arrange many great team events.
- Your perks will also include Estonian language courses, extra vacation days for special life events, and parking discounts.
These are exciting times at MYJAR. Building new platforms and hiring and hiring more than ever, we're attracting more customers by the day with our ethical and responsible approach. We are expanding into new international markets and designing a wider range of products. To that end, we're now looking for a tech lead to join our technology team.
This is a role for a senior developer ready to help lead our development team to deliver world-class products and services, tools, and capabilities. Someone who can bring a unique blend of leadership and management skills applied in a technical context. Someone who will steer the team towards a common technical vision, while writing code at least 30% of the time.
Send us your application and let's get to know each other! Meanwhile, you can read more about us on the Jobbatical blog: bit.ly/2prowe8
in Tallinn, Estonia
MYJAR is a new kind of financial services company, designed for today’s customers. We help people manage their finances by providing responsible short-term loans to reliable borrowers.
Our business began in 2008 and since our inception, we have provided loans with a value of GBP 350m in the UK. Following authorisation by the Financial Conduct Authority, MYJAR is growing very quickly and needs a talented team of specialists to achieve our ambitious goals.
If you are interested in building your career with a dynamic innovative team and strong international investors, this is the right place for you. At MYJAR we work a little differently from other financial service companies. We are committed to providing small amounts of credit responsibly to reliable customers. We treat our customers with respect and appreciate that we exist because of them. We are currently a business of 150 people and operate from offices in the City of London and run a technology, development and customer service center in the vibrant city of Tallinn.