in Tallinn, Estonia
Drop whatever you're doing, read this, and put your excited hat on—Jobbatical is hiring! There's a sysadmin-shaped hole in our team, and you might be the one to fill it. Read more about Jobbatical
- Deploying, managing, and operating scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems
- Migrating existing applications (node.js, PostgreSQL, Python, R) to AWS (or another scalable cloud-based service)
- Implementing and controlling the flow of data to and from the servers
- Choosing the appropriate services based on computer, data, or security requirements
- Identifying appropriate use of operational best practices of service providers
- Estimating usage costs and identifying operational cost control mechanisms
- Performance tuning, upgrades, and resource optimization (including databases)
- Complete root cause and failure analysis to resolve system problems
- You have at least 5 years of hands-on experience operating cloud-based applications.
- You have experience with AWS and Docker.
- You have experience with virtualization, monitoring, centralized logging, authentication management, CI, and task automatization.
- You know your way around Linux, Nginx (engine x), PostgreSQL, Node.js, and CDNs.
- You can communicate well in written and spoken English.
- We'll offer you a competitive local salary and equity options.
- Your relocation package will include a visa and work permit. We'll also cover your international travel costs.
- We'll cover your accommodation costs for your first month in Tallinn.
- We'll make sure you have the equipment you need to do your best work.
- You'll work from our spacious office and enjoy a fully stocked fridge, a casual environment, fun outings, weekly team lunches... And a swing. We have a swing.
- Your health insurance will be covered. You'll also get family leave, flexible hours, and an allowance for books, Uber, and sports.
We are a fun, super-driven and fairly nerdy international team working together in a cool and comfy office space in Tallinn's trendy Kalamaja area. Our tech team is growing quickly, and we've reached the point where we could use the talents of a skilled system administrator. If you love startups, tech, and the idea of a borderless world, we want to talk to you. So hit that "Apply" button and show us what you can do!
To learn more about the sort of stuff we get up to, here are some blog posts you can skim through: jobbatical.com/work-anywhere/category/team-jobbatical
in Tallinn, Estonia
At Jobbatical, we think beyond borders and help the world work together. We believe the world really is your oyster and your next career step could take you to live in your dream city. People want to experience life and work on their own terms and join mission-driven teams, wherever they are in the world. We're a community of like-minded world travelers who believe in a fully connected world where the playing field is leveled and your merit doesn’t depend on your birthplace but on on the size of your dreams.
Our goal is to encourage companies to set aside cultural biases and hire the people with the best skill set for the job. We follow the same principles in recruiting for our own team—we don't discriminate based on nationality, gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or anything else that doesn't have anything to do with the role you'll be filling.