Full-Stack Software Engineer (EMEA)
MongoDB does not offer visa sponsorship
MongoDB will not arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate or cover the associated costs.
in Dublin, Ireland
MongoDB is seeking a full-stack software engineer to join our ops manager team. You will be responsible for building services and applications that deploy the largest MongoDB clusters in the world. Read more about MongoDB
- Deliver highly complex projects that meet user needs and are reliable, well-tested and extensible into the future. Basically, help our customers be successful with MongoDB. Communicate goals, intentions and progress with team members, other teams and product management.
- Collaborate on delivering the best possible work.
- Mentor and teach less experienced colleagues.
- Tell our story both internally and externally, building both your and MongoDB’s profile.
- Apply our company values to all your work. Help build our company culture with empathy, awareness, and curiosity all while shipping and excellent product to the world.
- You have full-stack software development experience.
- You can collaborate with other team members and work independently.
- You have a proven ability to effectively collaborate in requirements-gathering, design, building proofs-of-concept, and in implementation and delivery.
- You have the ability to express complex technical concepts, both verbally and in writing.
- You have some experience working with databases in production at scale (either as an application developer or running them yourself).
- Ideally, you have a work permit for the EU.
- Experience with a major cloud provider, such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud or Azure is a nice-to-have. The same goes for on-premises Cloud Orchestration frameworks, like Kubernetes, OpenShift or CloudFoundry.
- Apply and let's discuss your salary and benefits.
Our cloud services team is a diverse group working together to help our users run MongoDB at a global scale. Our code enables users to deploy and backup fault-tolerant, monitored, globally-distributed MongoDB clusters in minutes.
About MongoDB in New York, United States
MongoDB is the next-generation database that helps businesses transform their industries by harnessing the power of data. The world’s most sophisticated organizations, from cutting-edge startups to the largest companies, use MongoDB to create applications never before possible at a fraction of the cost of legacy databases. MongoDB is the fastest-growing database ecosystem, with over 30 million downloads, thousands of customers, and over 1,000 technology and service partners.
Life at MongoDB
What on Earth is MongoDB? Only the coolest collection of dreamers and doers who share a relentless passion for creativity. We eagerly and expertly pursue new opportunities and markets through innovation and disruption. We have a wicked pioneering spirit––always ready to forge new paths and take smart risks. And we do it all very, very well.
We achieve this by bringing together a distinctive mix of diverse skills, experiences, and backgrounds. We work as a team––creating an open forum for innovative thought, candid discussion, and mutual respect. But in the end, we always put commitment over consensus, and value excellence in all its wonderful forms.
We are big dreamers with a passion for creativity. We eagerly pursue new opportunities and markets through innovation and disruption. We have a pioneering spirit - always ready to forge new paths and take smart risks.
We are relentless in our pursuit of meaningful impact. We think strategically and are clear on what we are and are not trying to do. We accomplish an amazing amount of important work, and we are obsessed with follow through.
We achieve amazing things by connecting and leveraging the diversity of skills, experiences and backgrounds of our entire organization. We discuss things thoroughly, but prioritize commitment over consensus. We are good listeners and always communicate with clarity and respect. We create and support a positive, inclusive, and accepting environment.
We commit to creating a culture of inclusion by seeking and valuing employees from different backgrounds and circumstances. This is cultivated by learning from and respecting each other’s differences. We firmly believe that everyone deserves to feel valued and safe in the workplace, and we acknowledge that underrepresented groups may not always feel this way. We recognize that a diverse workforce is the best way to broaden our perspectives, foster innovation, and enable a sustainable competitive advantage.
We embrace reality. We apply high-quality thinking and rigor. We have courage in our convictions but work hard to ensure biases or personal beliefs do not get in the way of finding the best solution.
We take ownership and are accountable for everything that we do. We empower and we are empowered to make things happen, and balance independence with interdependence. We demand excellence from ourselves. We each play our own part in making MongoDB a great place to work.