Senior Data Science Consultant
Finestmedia offers visa sponsorship
This job listing is a part of the Career Hunt 2019 campaign. Career Hunt rockets your IT-career straight to the Nordic tech-hub – Estonia. Apply, because the TOP 25 candidates around the world will be flown to Estonia for a tech-tour, given the chance to meet the biggest IT-wonders and get VIP-shortcuts for job interviews in selected companies! Read more at careerhunt.eu
in Tallinn, Estonia
We're looking for an experienced and bright-minded senior data science consultant to join our Business Development Unit. You'll lead the evaluation of data sources, data modelling, business intelligence and management of information system projects in business verticals like e-commerce, energy, fintech/banking and e-governance, or create new verticals, igniting new exciting startup ideas. Read more about Finestmedia
- Evaluate existing data-collecting and analytics systems.
- Translate client business needs into technical specifications.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Develop and implement data models, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- At least 5 years of proven experience working as a data analyst, business data analyst or technical consultant.
- You have the ability to understand and evaluate the customer's current situation and business needs, and communicate challenges to stakeholders.
- You have strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention-to-detail and accuracy.
- You are adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- You are a self-starter with excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills; you are a real team player.
- You have the ability to translate technical solutions into business added value to stakeholders.
- You have a MS/PHD in mathematics, economics, computer science, information management or statistics.
- You are fluent in spoken and written in English.
- You have the ability to produce high quality deliverables, learn fast, and have a desire to learn and develop.
- You take initiative and are results-oriented.
- At least 8 years of experience.
- Polish language.
- Practical experience in project management and team leadership.
Compensation & Benefits
- An opportunity to participate in the evaluation, design and execution of business-value-adding solutions to improve our customers' business.
- Apply and let's discuss your salary and benefits. On top of our general motivation system, there is also a loyalty-based motivation system that values our employees' experience at Finestmedia and offers a wide range of additional perks and benefits.
- Enjoy health-related products, services including dental, and eyewear compensation, weekly massages at our office and basketball / badminton training with colleagues twice a week.
- Superb referral bonuses.
- Flexible working hours with the option of working from home occasionally.
- Soft drinks, smoothies, yogurt shakes, great coffee/tea, Fresh Start Mondays (fresh fruits) and Let Loose Fridays (fresh pastries, donuts, ice-cream, etc.) on the house.
- Modern office as is, but as of 4Q2019 brand new office in a central hub of Tallinn, tailored to our specific needs, including comfy working areas, meeting rooms for various needs, recreational area with full kitchen and TV, video and table games, like korona and foozball to clear your mind.
- Fun parties (summer days, winter days, Christmas party, office parties, events for kids) and team events.
About Finestmedia in Tallinn, Estonia
Finestmedia is a strategic transformation partner and technical solutions provider for private enterprise and government institutions. Headquartered in the digital powerhouse of Tallinn, Estonia with a subsidiary in Gdansk, Poland, Finestmedia’s team of over 100 specialists, fuse innovative business solutions with pioneering technical expertise in a Nordic business culture environment.
Finestmedia is a global player in business transformation for e-commerce, e-government and commercial product research and development, and structures profitable long-term collaboration with its customers. Our approach is to craft your business challenges into meticulous technical developments using high-value strategising, business and technical analysis, and continued support and maintenance for long term partnerships.
Finestmedia’s passion is transitioning organisations to first-class technology, thus improving human lives. We have been successfully achieving this for almost 20 years for our key clients in government, banking, logistics, defence and retail.
Life at Finestmedia
Finestmedia offers a good specialist interesting challenges in the form of different projects and technologies. There are opportunities to contribute to the development of Estonia’s e-state, working on big e-commerce solutions or take part in exciting start-up projects.
At the same time, our team is small enough for everyone to have an opportunity to get a word in and sense their role and contribution in each undertaking.
We mostly implement projects with .NET, Java and PHP technologies and, if so desired, it is possible to test oneself in several fields at a time. We have a tight-knit team, which also supports newcomers with know-how and advice.
Regarding work and communication, we try to be guided by common sense and expect the same from our team. Trust between people is very important, as it enables us to offer the team flexible working conditions.
The whole team has an opportunity to take part in different Finestmedia events. There is a sports club in the vicinity of our office and the braver ones can also join our small basketball team. Naturally, there are summer and winter days, Christmas parties and team events.
Moving to Estonia
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Estonia within 24 hours from accepting the job offer, if your new employer is classified as a startup.
If your new employer is not considered a startup, you can start after a maximum of 10 days from accepting the job offer.
If you hold the passport of a country that requires a visa to enter Estonia, you can move and start working within approximately 4 weeks.