Lead iOS Developer
Please leave your email to access this job on third-party website
Nimble offers visa sponsorship
We sponsor both the visa (business, renewed every year) and work permit (renewed every two years). We also provide relocation assistance (plane ticket, three weeks of initial accommodation).
in Bangkok, Thailand
We're looking for a talented and passionate lead iOS developer to join our team in Bangkok. If you want to grow together, work on challenging products and enjoy using the best tools and practices, Nimble is the right place for you! Read more about Nimble
- Take the lead position in the development team (2-3 developers) in a project squad working with a product owner and UX/UI designer.
- Decide which technologies are going to be used and define the overall architecture.
- Work closely with the product owner to make sure the backlog is efficiently planned and occasionally assist in technical discussions with clients. Most of the client interfacing is done by the product owner.
- Write clean, composed, and maintainable code as you develop word-class products for our clients.
- Write automated tests to build and maintain the product we build for our clients.
- Do code reviews with your squad members.
- Learn new technologies, languages, and techniques so that you are able to adapt to the evolving needs of our clients.
- Mentor junior members via pair-programming and share your knowledge through team rituals (sprint planning and bi-weekly retrospectives).
- Collaborate with other team members to define the internal processes and initiatives to help the company accomplish its mission. Our handbook (http://ow.ly/dG3W30nCOy6) has been written by the whole team.
- You have 5 or more years of professional iOS development experience. Experience in both Objective-C and Swift is ideal. If you do not have experience in Swift, you must be open to learn and work on it.
- You have a proven ability to lead large mobile projects end-to-end, from architecture to implementation and deployment.
- You have advanced experience in writing automated tests for mobile applications.
- You enjoy working on challenging solutions and systems.
- You believe that building great applications is not only about delivering code that “works”, but involves thinking about reusability, maintainability, security and performance.
- You have a "can do attitude" and a product mindset.
- You are fluent in English.
- You are willing to relocate to Bangkok, Thailand.
Compensation & Benefits
- Apply and let's discuss your salary and benefits.
- Private medical insurance (Allianz) and social welfare coverage.
- Visa and work permit for foreigners. If you live abroad, we provide a relocation assistance package consisting of a plane ticket allowance and up to 3 weeks of initial accommodation.
- Comfortable and modern office space environment in the heart of Bangkok next to BTS Asoke and MRT Sukhumvit (Interchange 21).
- Great equipment consisting of a MacBook Pro, 2 large screens, and other great accessories (ergonomic chair, Bluetooth headset, laptop stand...). Equipment is renewed every 3 years.
- Regular one-on-one reviews to constantly improve and grow. We have a clearly defined process for our developers to level up continuously not only their technical skills but also soft skills.
- Continuous learning with a yearly education allowance, monthly investment-time sessions, and access to subscription-based online services (Pluralsight, PragPub, LeanPub...).
- Sane work processes. We not only believe into but also really work following agile principles. Developers work on well-sized and well-defined user stories, do estimate using points and work iteratively in short sprints (1-2 weeks).
- Our office kitchen is fully stocked with drinks and snacks for the team.
- Casual work attire for everyone.
- Engineering focused environment. Both co-founders are software engineers. So as a company, we care about processes, using the right tools and testing thoroughly the application we work on.
- Provident Fund which allows you to save money every month and we match your monthly contributions (http://ow.ly/ElgB30npRce).
About Nimble in Bangkok, Thailand
We are not rockstars or ninjas. We are a team of friendly and passionate software engineers, product owners and designers striving to build outstanding web and mobile applications.
Millions of people use our apps. We work for companies of all sizes; from 1-person startups to Fortune 500 enterprises. We take a collaborative and product development approach, creating custom software that people will love to use and solving our clients' problems so that they can focus on what they do best - better.
If you want to grow together, work on challenging products and enjoy using the best tools and practices, Nimble is the right place for you! We keep our recruitment process (ow.ly/Rvtd30npQLu) practical and straightforward.
To learn more about how we work, check our handbook named Compass (ow.ly/ctPa30npQYF), Github organisation (ow.ly/4IpP30npQZK) and Medium account (ow.ly/t0Cc30npR0M).
Want to see what we have built? Check our Dribbble (ow.ly/gEqh30npR1F) and Behance accounts (ow.ly/8dKM30npR2h).
Life at Nimble
When it comes to recruitment, regardless of the role, we are always looking for the following traits:
• Ownership mentality. People always work in small agile teams (3-5 people) and as a consequence, everyone has a great impact but also responsibility for the product the team is building. We go beyond execution, we want to our teammates to feel deeply involved in what they do.
• Dependable. We go to great lengths for our clients, they can rely on us to deliver and all our team members are reliable and trustworthy.
• Continuous learner. Software development, UX/UI and product management keep evolving, hence our team members need to be ready to keep learning while on and off of the job. Our teammates are deeply passionate about what we do.
• Courage. We must have the courage to speak up, raise our concerns in a timely manner and be able to confront the status quo with ideas by being constructive and without holding on to hard feelings.
• Flexible. As we work with many innovative companies from all over the work, the product strategy keeps evolving as we go through the development. Thanks to our internal processes, we are able to provide flexibility to our clients while still maintaining a high level of quality. But one needs to accept that change is the only constant.
• Resilience. We must not give up easily when we face challenges, either interpersonal or professional.