Back-End Java Developer
Please leave your email to access this job on third-party website
Monese offers visa sponsorship
Monese will arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate and cover the associated costs.
in Tallinn, Estonia
We are looking for a talented mid-weight or senior software engineer to join us in our Tallinn office. You are an experienced developer/architect, still passionate and hands-on. We are looking for those who value clean neat code and want to know why. Read more about Monese
- Work closely with our product and design teams to define feature specifications
- Contribute with analysis and solutions to fulfil business requirements
- Design and develop reliable, fast, flexible and decoupled systems
- Research, plan and implement integrations with numerous banking and payments systems
- Optimise performance of complex systems
- Create structured, testable, lightweight code in Java
- You have excellent Java and Spring Boot skills
- You are experienced in Agile development practices
- You understand relational databases
- You can communicate well in English
- You highly value efficiency and understand the importance of writing clean code
- You are able to take charge of your time and prioritise problems to solve
- You can communicate effectively and recognise the value of collaboration between team members
- You are familiar and comfortable with working in the DevOps culture
- You are passionate about building something truly meaningful in the financial sector
- Previous payment systems integration experience
- Exposure to the full stack, from front-end UI to the server side, business logic and database, and awareness of the leading technologies in each domain
- Advanced hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services and its core architectural components/utilities
- Database management skills like scaling, performance management, capacity planning, etc., PostgreSQL
Compensation & Benefits
- Ample opportunity to develop your career within Monese as you will be an important part of a fast-growing company
- A horizontal structure where everyone has a voice and makes a direct and valued contribution to building the best product possible
- International team of open-minded people in a nice office environment with plenty of perks, snacks and drinks
- Opportunity to travel between our offices and meet other teams as well
- Many fun team events, office parties and summer weekend getaways to spend some quality time with your colleagues
- In- and outdoors Monesers' sports activities
- Flexible working schedule and possibility to work in home office from time to time
- Additional week of vacation
- Share options and competitive salary
At Monese, we have ample opportunities for you to grow and develop your skills. You could contribute to our Fraud team, outsmarting fraudsters with machine learning algorithms. Or you might be a great asset to our full-stack Growth team working on understanding our customers better via improved analytics and compelling features. Or perhaps you’d be interested in developing alongside our seasoned onboarding experts working on improving our infamous 3-minute fully mobile customer onboarding experience. As we said, there’s plenty of opportunities if you’re one to grab a chance and give it your all.
About Monese in London, United Kingdom
At Monese we believe that access to banking and financial services is an inalienable right that everybody should enjoy. We are on a mission to ensure that anyone in the world, regardless of their credit history, living arrangements, or just about anything else, who needs a bank account can get one. By leveraging cutting-edge technology via smartphones, we offer services that are easy to access, simple to use and cheap to run for anybody.
The Monese product already serves close to a million customers in the UK and wider Europe, and we are constantly improving our services portfolio to grow this number even more.
Our fast-growing team presently consists of more than 200 employees across offices in London, Tallinn and Lisbon, with more employees and offices on the way! By working with us, you will be part of a carefully selected team who are great at what they do and share the belief in our mission of making banking available to everybody. We’re not just a start-up with an idea; we have a proven business model that is growing exponentially and generates strong revenues.
Life at Monese
Monese is founded on a range of values that we work to breathe into our product and our office culture - fairness, inclusivity, creative collaboration - we're looking for like-minded individuals to help us grow.
By working with us, you will be part of a carefully selected team who are great at what they do and share the belief in our mission of making banking available to everybody.
Moving to Estonia
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Estonia within 24 hours from accepting the job offer, if your new employer is classified as a startup.
If your new employer is not considered a startup, you can start after a maximum of 10 days from accepting the job offer.
If you hold the passport of a country that requires a visa to enter Estonia, you can move and start working within approximately 4 weeks.