Senior Back-End Developer
Starship Technologies offers visa sponsorship
Starship Technologies will arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate and cover the associated costs.
in Tallinn, Estonia
We are looking for a curious back-end developer to join our team in Tallinn. Read more about Starship Technologies
- You are curious and interested in a broad range of technologies.
- You are passionate about solving real world problems.
- You are experienced in the development of near real-time systems.
- You are experienced in database design and architecture.
- You are experienced in API design and integrations.
- You are comfortable with delivering value through agile development with iterative processes.
- You have experience with real time systems and short response times.
- You have experience with network, application and data security.
- You have experience with complex systems with high availability.
- You have good communication skills.
- You have experience working with international teams.
- You have a background in logistics, optimization, fleet management or process control.
Compensation & Benefits
- Apply and let's discuss your salary and benefits.
Starship Technologies is developing the future of delivery – self-driving robots that bring parcels, groceries and food to people around the world.
We have entered commercial pilots with hundreds of robots driving along sidewalks across the United States and four countries in Europe. Soon we hope there will be thousands of delivery robots around the world.
Servers are where much of the magic happens. Fleet management, routing robots to customers over the most optimal paths, solving escalations from robots, third party partners and mapping. Also working with telemetry to ensure robots are always at their full health and we always know what’s going on first. Handling robots is a broad challenge – one that combines near real-time systems and more traditional entity management, reliable network connectivity and offline prediction of faults, route optimization and customer delivery flows… and a lot more.
If you feel comfortable with some of these topics then we should talk!
About Starship Technologies in Tallinn, Estonia
Starship Technologies builds self-driving local delivery robots. We are disrupting a 2-trillion-dollar local deliveries industry and we believe our robots will revolutionise local delivery. We envision a world where you can send and receive anything you want, anytime and anywhere. Our engineering expertise, combined with our experience of co-founding Skype, is enabling us to turn this into reality.
Starship Technologies was launched in 2014 by Ahti Heinla and Janus Friis. Our business headquarters are in London and our engineering in Estonia.
Moving to Estonia
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Estonia within 24 hours from accepting the job offer, if your new employer is classified as a startup.
If your new employer is not considered a startup, you can start after a maximum of 10 days from accepting the job offer.
If you hold the passport of a country that requires a visa to enter Estonia, you can move and start working within approximately 4 weeks.