Uber offers visa sponsorship
Uber will arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate and cover the associated costs.
in Sofia, Bulgaria
As a software engineer on Uber’s Sofia engineering team, you will dig into the complex, yet rewarding world of money, real-time tax calculation, and reporting, all at massive scale. Read more about Uber
- Contribute at a global level: Although we are based in Sofia, we work on integration for the overall, global Uber platform. Our systems support the entirety of Uber's tax and compliance worldwide.
- Manage scale and reliability: Our solutions support Uber's always-on marketplace. Maintaining this platform at scale requires constant investment in security, reliability and monitoring tooling.
- Innovate: Growth brings new complexity and new challenges ever day.
- You have intimate knowledge of the entire web stack and how each piece impacts performance and reliability.
- You have advanced knowledge of at least one programming language, and of OOP patterns.
- You are committed to quality, performance, and efficiency.
- You have experience in taking ownership.
- You have design and business insight.
- Some level of understanding of fault-tolerant systems and multi-datacenter/cloud architectures.
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment.
- Apply and let's discuss your salary and benefits.
Our team is responsible for several key capabilities associated with a trip or a delivery: from real-time tax rate calculation, to issuing all related documents that are important for our riders and partners (receipts, invoices, tax reports), to providing our partners with real-time and easy access to their tax data from within 3rd party partner applications like Intuit, Stride and HR Block. The platforms that we build need to be highly scalable (handling data from dozens of millions of trips per day), highly available (our riders and partners need access to their documents & data 24/7) and highly flexible (Uber is operating in 80+ countries around the world, each with its own compliance requirements).
About Uber in San Francisco, United States
We believe that by solving some of the biggest problems of our time, we can create a future where there is limitless freedom of movement for people and things all across the world. Just talk to our people — and feel their passion, optimism and curiosity for building solutions every single day on behalf of drivers, riders, couriers, eaters and employees.
While the tough problems we face everyday can be incredibly difficult to figure out, we believe those same problems enable us to personally grow the most. So we welcome people from all backgrounds who have the passion to change the world and also want to help create a supportive and collaborative environment. So that ultimately, we can learn together, solve together, build together, and move the world forward together.
Life at Uber
We’re building something people use everyday. From how you get home from work, to how you eat meals, or how you move huge shipments of absolutely anything, the work we contribute moves the world a few steps forward. And that’s one of the best parts about working here - knowing that the work you do helps shape the future.
And getting to that bright future means solving some of the most difficult problems of the present. It takes a lot of hard work, a lot of love, and support from colleagues all over the world. At Uber, we have brought together a world-class collective of problem solvers. And we all fundamentally understand that tough challenges help us personally grow the most. That’s why we wholeheartedly believe in learning by doing - and that there is no better classroom than real-world experience. Because if it helps you grow, then we all grow. Together.
Every day we’re making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we’re doing it at a global scale—celebrating the communities where we exist, energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world. The impact is visible and measurable, and that drives us to keep moving forward.