People & Culture Manager, Europe
Please leave your email to access this job on third-party website
Topia offers visa sponsorship
Topia will arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate and cover the associated costs. Topia will not cover relocation costs.
in Tallinn, Estonia
Are you a seasoned people operations professional? Join Topia in Tallinn to create an amazing employee experience that embodies our values! You'll manage all aspects of People & Culture activities across Europe, making sure our people are taken care of efficiently. Read more about Topia
- Manage all aspects of People & Culture activities across Europe throughout the employee lifecycle, including recruiting, onboarding, payroll, offboarding, and systems administration.
- Liaise with global benefits providers and vendors for coverage in the UK, Ireland and Estonia.
- Coordinate with payroll providers on data required to run monthly payroll.
- Coordinate recruiting activities with an emphasis on delivering a positive candidate experience, including scheduling onsite and phone interviews for various locations and teams, candidate travel, sourcing, reference checks and offer letter generation.
- Maintain all HR systems with a high focus on data integrity and accuracy.
- Manage the new hire and onboarding process, while seeking ways to build out programs that embody our values.
- Process all employment verifications and background checks for our European teams.
- Own the immigration process by partnering with employees, managers and our immigration attorney.
- Lead office management and own the physical workspace experience across our Tallinn, London and Dublin locations.
- Manage leaves of absence, holiday programs, and employee separation processes.
- Partner with global executive team, local leadership and the Senior Director, People & Culture on employee relations issues.
- Ensure that our programs, practices, offices and reporting are compliant.
- Act as the primary point of contact for all EMEA people & culture related questions and provide a superb employee experience.
- 5+ years of people operations, recruiting or HR Business Partner experience.
- Extreme attention to detail and focus on data integrity.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and thrive in a fast-paced and frequently changing environment.
- Highly engaging and collaborative across teams and geographies including flexibility to work across time zones when necessary.
- Technologically savvy with experience working with HRIS or ATS (BambooHR or Greenhouse preferred).
- Driven towards constant process improvement and building practices that are scalable and efficient.
- Ability to work independently, but also collaborate as part of a globally-dispersed team.
- International travel may be required.
- Near-natively fluent in spoken and written English.
Compensation & Benefits
- Apply and let's talk about your salary and benefits!
As the People & Culture Manager at Topia, you will be responsible for driving our people & culture programs and processes for our offices in Tallinn, London, Dublin and a few remote employees around Europe, while ensuring we create an employee experience that embodies our values. Reporting to the Senior Director of People & Culture based in San Francisco, this role will have the opportunity work autonomously throughout the region, while collaborating as part of a global team.
The ideal candidate should have foundational HR knowledge and be passionate about maintaining culture, values, and a positive employee experience. He/she will own end-to-end processes so should view no task as too small or too big, and be eager to manage multiple aspects of recruiting, people ops, HRBP work, and office management. We are looking for someone who exudes our values and can balance the need for building operational efficiency with the importance of creating a positive and memorable experience for the team.
Topia (formerly MOVE Guides, Polaris Global Mobility and Teleport), the global mobility management company, reduces barriers between people and places to enable employees to work from anywhere through its integrated suite of mobility solutions and services.
Over 100 global companies rely on Topia’s technology and service platform for relocation and expatriate management, tax and payroll, and immigration data across more than 100 countries with maximum operational efficiency, employee satisfaction and engagement, and assured compliance. Topia’s philanthropic initiative, Mobility4All, provides a portion of revenue and employee time to assist individuals fleeing poverty and conflict by moving to new locations.
Founded in 2012, Topia has raised over $90M from New Enterprise Associates and Notion Capital and operates headquarters in San Francisco, with 17 offices throughout the Americas, EMEA and APAC. Our R&D teams are located in Tallinn and Seattle. For more information, go to topia.com and follow Topia on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Life at Topia
Our Topia team is inspired by our common belief in our mission: to enable companies to work everywhere. We believe that our diversity of experiences, perspectives, and ideas is our strongest superpower.
Working at our stage of company is unique and formative. You make decisions with limited data and you prioritize ruthlessly to align with our dynamic business. You have exhilarating highs and challenging lows, and you learn throughout the entire experience alongside a team that is extremely hard-working, creative and inspiring. We apply innovative thinking and solutions to our radically collaborative work environment which enables a culture in which our shared success is fuelled by truly caring about each other as Topians.
We are an agile team working in fortnightly sprint release cycles. The engineering team is divided into product verticals. You will be aligned to one of the teams but will gain exposure to all of the products.
We have a very open environment and all ideas and feedback are welcome. We have plenty of opportunities for this via project kick-off and round table sessions, regular reviews, retrospectives, tech discussions and debates.
One of our values is Learn Relentlessly. To help accelerate learning, we frequently hold drop-in sessions, lunch and learns and occasionally you may be working on proof of concepts to bring in new ideas or technologies.
We have a relaxed office vibe, Friday beers, no suits, and geeky t-shirts are welcome.
Moving to Estonia
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Estonia within 24 hours from accepting the job offer, if your new employer is classified as a startup.
If your new employer is not considered a startup, you can start after a maximum of 10 days from accepting the job offer.
If you hold the passport of a country that requires a visa to enter Estonia, you can move and start working within approximately 4 weeks.