Jobbatical offers visa sponsorship
Jobbatical will arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate and cover the associated costs.
in Tallinn, Estonia
Are you obsessed with all things data? Do you never get tired of learning new things? Are you inquisitive and analytical? Join our team in Tallinn! Read more about Jobbatical
- Basically everything that’s to do with data: mining, analysis, setting up data-related pipelines, workflows, tools and services, and automation.
- Design and implement core machine learning algorithms including, but not limited to: search ranking, recommender systems, personalization, natural language processing, deep learning and computer vision.
- Design A/B tests to validate the performance of machine learning models.
- Offline evaluation of machine learning models and establish correlation between online A/B tests and offline metrics.
- Implement machine learning models in production.
- You have at least 3 years of industry experience as a machine learning scientist or data scientist.
- You have strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- You have hands-on experience with techniques in machine learning, deep learning, NLP and computer vision, among other related fields.
- You have experience developing end-to-end solutions for production use.
- You have strong technical and programming skills.
- You have experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop/Spark.
- You have experience in SQL and noSQL databases.
- You are fluent in English.
- You are self-motivated, have a doer mindset, are curious and have a passion for learning.
- Education in statistics, machine learning, math or a related field (e.g. theoretical statistics).
- Experience with TDD, automated testing and CI.
- You are comfortable in the world of unix.
Compensation & Benefits
- You'll get a locally competitive salary and equity options.
- Your relocation package will include a visa and work permit. We'll also cover your international travel costs.
- Your health insurance will be covered. You'll also get family leave, flexible hours, and an allowance for books, Uber, and sports.
- Working in our spacious office in Tallinn's coolest hipster-approved district, you'll enjoy a fully stocked fridge, a casual environment, fun outings, weekly team lunches... And a swing. We have a swing. We also brew our own kombucha. His name is Bob.
We're looking for a results-oriented and startup-loving data scientist to help us gather the most interesting insight of our data, set up our data and learning pipelines, and help make Jobbatical the best platform for hiring in a borderless world!
This role is perfect for you if you love startups and aren't scared to own things and pivot.
Curious and creative, you're excited to think outside the box (and your job description) to succeed. You're a natural problem solver who enjoys figuring out solutions that work for users and business. If, like us, you get things done and believe that quick iterations lead to best results, we'd love to talk to you!
To sum up...
... the team: A close-knit group of nerds eager to help you fit in. We love what we're doing, and we also love a good laugh.
... the role: A fantastic opportunity to use your skills to build a platform that's changing the world of work as we know it.
... the location: Tallinn, Estonia, where we work from a cool and comfy office space in the trendy Kalamaja area. We're a fun bunch and we enjoy each other's company. Sometimes we even hang out voluntarily after hours! If you'd like to learn more about the kind of stuff we get up to around here, you can skim through our team blog: jobbatical.com/blog/category/talent/stories
About Jobbatical in Tallinn, Estonia
At Jobbatical, we think beyond borders and help the world work together.
Our international job platform connects globally minded companies with ready-to-relocate tech, business and creative talent—people like you. We believe in a fully connected world where your career success is decided by your skill and ambition, not your birthplace.
Our goal is to encourage employers to set aside cultural biases and hire the people with the best skills for the job, and we take our own advice: we don’t discriminate based on nationality, gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or anything else that has nothing to do with the role you'll be filling.
Founded in 2014 by three Estonians, we’ve since grown into a global team of 35+ aspiring world-changers from 16+ nationalities.
Life at Jobbatical
These are the values that guide us:
Start with why. We don’t do things for the sake of having something to do. Keeping the “why” of our actions in mind helps us stay focused on the things that matter.
Don’t wait to be asked. (Make it happen.) We’re not here to sit around and wait for orders. We have ideas and bring them to life.
Go beyond yourself. Comfort zones are great. We love waving at them as we leave them behind.
Choose difficult truths over comforting lies. Saying yes to everything is easy. But many of the most fruitful and necessary conversations are uncomfortable.
Be bold, stay humble. We’re not afraid to take risks and make mistakes to build what we believe in. And we know the world doesn’t owe us anything.
Moving to Estonia
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Estonia within 24 hours from accepting the job offer, if your new employer is classified as a startup.
If your new employer is not considered a startup, you can start after a maximum of 10 days from accepting the job offer.
If you hold the passport of a country that requires a visa to enter Estonia, you can move and start working within approximately 4 weeks.