Senior Security Architect
in Tallinn, Estonia
If you like getting stuff done, here's a good one for your to-do list: apply for this security architect gig in Estonia's vibrant capital. Put your skills to good use as part of a talented team, and experience life in a tiny country with a big heart! Read more about Danske Bank
- Shape and steer security architectural decisions
- Join architects from the business line and infrastructure teams to ensure common security standards are adopted into their specific architectures, roadmaps, and implementations
- Oversee business requirements to ensure security solutions help meet their goals and retain regulatory requirements
- Work closely with infrastructure teams, making sure security principles are adhered to
- Develop and maintain a roadmap of security solutions together with infrastructure teams
- Initiate and lead (where necessary) strategic security projects in security or platform teams
- Partner with infrastructure engineering teams to build strong relationships with technology providers and identify security trends
- Participate in design governance frameworks to review proposed component’s designs
- Establish and own the security standard baseline (technical specifications) for infrastructure systems
- Bachelor's in computer science, mathematics or equivalent
- 8+ years of experience with IT security
- Analytical and structured working style
- Very good spoken and written English
- CISSP, CISM, CISA, CEH or other information security certifications
- Experience with cryptographic techniques and PKI services
- Strong understanding of Microsoft platform and/or Linux internals, tools and user land components
- Strong understanding of security in designing, deploying and operating physical/virtual server infrastructure running Windows Server operating system and related applications and components, such as Active Directory, System Center suite, IIS, Microsoft SQL
- Proven track of record of implementing security standards in medium/large scale environments
- Understanding concepts of Microsoft platform and/or Linux security, auditing and observing
- Understanding TCP/IP protocol, firewalls, and IDPS
- Strong understanding of security strategies and technologies in a large enterprise
- Exposure to designing/assessing large-scale solutions using “defense in depth” principles
- Exposure to finance-related security frameworks/standards (such as PCI-DSS, Basel II, SOX, ISO 27k and/or similar)
- Experience in coordination and risk mitigation of infrastructure/application pentest
- Understanding of a number of our key focus areas:
- Identity, federation and authentication technologies (e.g SAML, OAUTH)
- Web Services technologies (e.g. REST, XML, JSON)
- Securing public and private cloud solutions
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Visa sponsorship for the right candidate
- Freedom to experiment with new ideas
- Autonomy to decide how you want to work and achieve your goals
- Talented and hard-working coworkers
- International career and development opportunities within the group
- Challenging tasks and projects that support your professional growth
- Flexible work environment
- Supportive and considerate management
To further strengthen our cybersecurity at Danske Bank, we're seeking a senior IT security architect. You'll be joining our IT security team—the brilliant group of people responsible for security assessments of new development and infrastructure projects, security engineering and architecture for infrastructure projects, and for performing controls of existing systems.
The person we're after is highly analytical, with a strong IT security background. Ideally, you have infrastructure and architecture experience. For this role to really fulfill you, you should have a deep interest in current and evolving security threats, IT and information security, large IT environments, systems, and network infrastructure.
You'll be working with solution architects, applications and infrastructure teams on the promotion and adoption of strategic Mainframe platform components and services. The main technical focus will cover infrastructure systems (Linux, Microsoft platform, PKI, Storage) fundamentals, configuration and auditing solutions, monitoring, access and capacity management, penetration testing and reporting.
This is a job for a very systematic and focused person whose analytical mind runs like clockwork. Equipped with the mindset of a developer, you should be adept at teamwork, but equally efficient when working independently. In a nutshell—you like getting stuff done, and you have the right skill set to do it. Send us your application and let's talk!
Moving to Estonia
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Estonia within 24 hours from accepting the job offer, if your new employer is classified as a startup.
If your new employer is not considered a startup, you can start after a maximum of 10 days from accepting the job offer.
If you hold the passport of a country that requires a visa to enter Estonia, you can move and start working within approximately 4 weeks.