Senior Software Engineer
Please leave your email to access this job on third-party website
Supported by Work in Estonia
This job posting is a part of Work in Estonia campaign. Apply before September 23rd for an all-expenses paid trip to Estonia, where employers compete to hire and relocate you to the most digitally advanced country in the world. Finalists will be announced in early October!
in Tallinn, Estonia
We’re looking for versatile and product-thinking software engineers who are eager to bring our cloud-hosted Communications Platform as a Service (CPaaS) to new heights. We're looking for people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook. Read more about Twilio
- You will have an opportunity to work on highly-available, globally-distributed, and bulletproof-resilient infrastructure that powers Twilio’s communications API products. Contribute to product development end-to-end: from working with members of product organization to distilling customer requirements to architecture, design, and development.
- Be accountable for the operation of the systems you’ve created live, devops-style.
- Work with a flurry of cloud technologies offered by AWS, as well as by our own platform.
- You are a versatile software engineer and have a product mindset.
- You have experience with AWS.
- You are fluent in Java, Scala or Python.
- You are familiar with DynamoDB, Cassandra, SQL, ElasticSearch, Redis, Lambda, ELBs (NLBs, ALBs), Kinesis, SQS, Kafka - we use practically everything on the menu.
Compensation & Benefits
- In addition to your salary, you will receive also Twilio RSUs, so don't forget to check out our stock price!
- Every month you will be able to expense your mobile phone bill, health bills and gym/fitness membership cards.
- Work for a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact, that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint, and that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone can do and be the best version of themselves.
- We have many team building events - weekly, monthly and of course, our annual summer days.
- You will enjoy our incredible perks: monthly breakfasts, lunch twice a week, dinner during our bi-weekly global all-hands and a fully-stocked kitchen with a variety of snacks and beverages.
Versatility means readiness to learn and execute on all levels of software engineering: from back-end to client, from low-level optimization and debugging to architecture and system design, from slinging code to operations and assuring the quality of your work.
Product thinking means taking pride and ownership of beautiful APIs that millions of developers can use around the world, as well as empathy for our customers and their businesses enabled by Twilio's platform.
We welcome and incorporate people with different levels of seniority and experience.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice, IoT and video capabilities directly into their software applications.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we are dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks devoted to tackling hard problems and generating new ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. You belong here.
About Twilio in San Francisco, United States
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Twilio (NYSE:TWLO) is the leading global communications platform connecting over 2 million developers across 50 000 businesses in 100+ countries. We are trusted by some of the largest companies on the planet such as Uber, Amazon, Salesforce, WhatsApp, Coca-Cola, Airbnb, Lyft, Twitter, Twitch for mission critical communications powering voice, messaging, chat, video and other software based services. We build software that communicates with everyone in the world!
Life at Twilio
Twilio Estonia is Twilio's second largest office and a fast-growing engineering hub working across most of our core products. Currently there are 80+ software engineers and we have more than 20 open positions. The most important value Twilio can offer you is the people you get to work with. You can learn from the smartest developers who are happy to share their knowledge!
If this is not enough, here are 3 reasons why you should choose Twilio for your next challenge:
• Work on products with real impact that affect millions of people every day.
• Be part of a small team that works hard, thinks smart, moves fast and gets things done!
• Gain an invaluable experience in a company like no other in Estonia.
Moving to Estonia
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Estonia within 24 hours from accepting the job offer, if your new employer is classified as a startup.
If your new employer is not considered a startup, you can start after a maximum of 10 days from accepting the job offer.
If you hold the passport of a country that requires a visa to enter Estonia, you can move and start working within approximately 4 weeks.