Senior Software Developer
Genius Sports offers visa sponsorship
This job listing is a part of the Career Hunt 2019 campaign. Career Hunt rockets your IT-career straight to the Nordic tech-hub – Estonia. Apply, because the TOP 25 candidates around the world will be flown to Estonia for a tech-tour, given the chance to meet the biggest IT-wonders and get VIP-shortcuts for job interviews in selected companies! Read more at careerhunt.eu
in Tallinn, Estonia
At Genius Sports, we are driven by the results and go the extra mile in everything we do. We are obsessed with what´s next and love breathing our ideas into reality. Our unshakeable team spirit sets us apart from others. You will be part of the cross-functional team working in sprints with a flexible process. Read more about Genius Sports
- Architect, design and develop new software products and components.
- Write high quality, tested and maintainable code while using the best and latest technologies.
- Maintain and constantly improve documentation.
- Facilitate collaborative problem solving within the team.
- Mentor other developers.
- You´re persistent in finding solutions and want to get things done.
- You´re not afraid of speaking-up and trying new approaches.
- You value self-learning and want to learn from others.
- You feel confident in C# and/or React.
- You are interested in learning about CD/CI.
- Your experience with AWS, RabbitMQ or Docker is a bonus.
Compensation & Benefits
- Apply and let's discuss your salary and benefits.
- Besides professional growth, you can use our discounts for sports and health services to maintain your work-life balance. We have a fun office and have team events throughout the year. Our office is centrally located in the city centre.
- At Genius Sports, you will be working in a supportive, multinational and passionate team. We ensure an environment where you will learn and strive toward professional growth. We offer a generous training budget and 10% of your time can be allocated to your self-development.
Our teams have DevOps and Quality Assistance engineers working together with both back-end and front-end developers to own the product from inception, all the way to deployment and monitoring in production.
On the back-end, you can use mostly C#. The majority of our back-end services are based on asynchronous messaging for which we use RabbitMQ. We are actively migrating to .NET Standard/Core and AWS. On the front-end you can use React with teams producing modular apps using a widget-based architecture. We take testing seriously, and it's the developers who are responsible for producing not only unit and integration tests, but also acceptance tests, end-to-end tests and smoke tests.
You can build modular services and APIs with your team, and as part of a global organization, you can collaborate with other teams across the globe. We value RFC (request for comments) to drive change within, instead of top-down management.
About Genius Sports in Tallinn, Estonia
Genius Sports is a global leader in sports data technology, distribution and commercialisation services. We provide innovative and data-driven solutions to sports leagues and federations.
Headquartered in London and across over 16 locations worldwide, Genius Sports is recognised as one of the fastest growing sports technology companies in the world.
Founded on integrity, Genius Sports has become the trusted technology partner of hundreds of sporting bodies, including the world’s largest international federations and professional leagues such as FIBA and the English Premier League. Taking a true partnership approach to working with sport, we distribute official data for organisations such as La Liga, the ATP and WTA.
Genius Sports' commitment to sport goes beyond delivering profitable and technical solutions for our partners. We understand that the protection, integrity and successful commercialisation of sports data is fundamental to the continued success of the industry. Its future requires those who run sports and those who utilise the data to work closely together, therefore ensuring sport is protected and opportunities are maximised.
Life at Genius Sports
Life at Genius Sports is never dull. As a company at the cutting-edge of sports technology, we offer a stimulating, collaborative and fun working environment. We also recognise that career development for our talented employees is at the core of our success and we support their careers with the best training and guidance possible. We are an international team and always support diversity.
Moving to Estonia
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Estonia within 24 hours from accepting the job offer, if your new employer is classified as a startup.
If your new employer is not considered a startup, you can start after a maximum of 10 days from accepting the job offer.
If you hold the passport of a country that requires a visa to enter Estonia, you can move and start working within approximately 4 weeks.