StudyPortals does not offer visa sponsorship
StudyPortals will not arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate or cover the associated costs.
We are looking for a product owner who is passionate about shaping the best experiences for our users in their search towards finding and enrolling into a study programme abroad. You will be responsible for the improvement of current products and the introduction of new product solutions. Read more about StudyPortals
- Product innovation: managing one or two development teams by prioritizing what features are worked on using a backlog.
- You connect the programers to the business.
- Strategy: defining overarching product strategies for all scrum teams.
- Understanding the user: analysing research outcomes and identifying what motivates students to visit our website and to come back to us.
- Designing the big picture of the user experience by translating user needs into epics and stories, shaping user flow and inspiring your developers with feature concepts.
- At least 3 years of experience in the online industry, having worked as a product owner/manager for large traffic websites is a big plus.
- Expertise: you were once involvedin developing digital products, particularly by prioritizing features and establishing long term strategy in a web environment with a consumer audience.
- You have experience with scrum methodology and/or other agile methods.
- Analytic: you make decisions based on data (e.g. A/B tests) and know where to find the metrics you need.
- Fluent in written and oral English.
- Emphatic skills: you can say no to people several times a day and still be liked! You’ll work with stakeholders from other departments and cultures.
- Our mission and core values match your own and motivate you.
- Technical: basic programming and database knowledge is a plus, it helps to understand your developers.
- Familiarity with the international student world or having lived abroad are plusses.
- An annual personal development budget, because personal growth is KEY!
- Apply and let's talk about your salary and benefits.
- Extras, such as a laptop of your choice.
- Full reimbursement of travel expenses.
- Informal, entrepreneurial, international and flexible atmosphere where self-initiative is highly appreciated.
- Opportunity to work in our brand new office is in the monumental Klokgebouw, equipped with slides, rooftop bar and games, inspiring creativity for our staff of twenty-somethings who believe work and play should go together.
- The opportunity to be at the foundation of a study choice giant that the world is desperately waiting for.
The StudyPortals product innovation team is growing and we want you to join it! You will help with deciding what products we should build next and you will make sure that they are implemented in the best way possible. You will be involved in installing the right tools and processes to sustain our current growth rate. As a real innovator you will contribute to StudyPortals' strategic thinking and innovation processes.
As a product owner you will work in the product innovation department and report directly to the director of product. You will work closely with your scrum team(s), with the CTO, with our head of student marketing and our user experience lead.
About StudyPortals in Eindhoven, Netherlands
StudyPortals is a fast-growing online platform where students can find and compare their education options internationally.
Our mission is to empower the world to choose education. We focus on quality from both a student as well as a university perspective: offering the best information for students, and low-effort, cost-effective, and result-based marketing for universities.
Over 2,450 universities participate across 67 countries, creating transparency across 117,000+ study programmes. We have a large global visitor base of over 19 million visits every year.
The StudyPortals team now consists of over a hundred and seventy people worldwide from 35 different nationalities, and we're expecting to grow the team to about 200 people in the upcoming year. StudyPortals proudly ranks 18th in the 2015 Employee satisfaction ranking, an annual survey carried out by SatisAction and the NRC. Our HQ is located in Eindhoven, in the iconic Klokgebouw, at Strijp-S, a hub of entrepreneurship, technology, and design. We also have operations in Boston, Melbourne, Manchester, Stockholm and Bucharest.