Entrepreneur in Residence/Program Lead
QUT Creative Enterprise Australia
in Brisbane City, Australia
Want to help Australian startups thrive? Deliver a top-notch accelerator program in Brisbane for a chance to put your wealth of experience to good use in a thrilling environment! Read more about QUT Creative Enterprise Australia
- Work closely with CEA executives and other delivery partners to develop and finalize the program content and delivery schedule
- Work closely with CEA executives to support recruitment and assessment of applications including participation in boot camps and equivalent to select the final line-up of applicants
- Assist in selecting relevant program mentors (up to five) from a shortlist to support the program
- Work closely with other external program delivery partners including the Queensland Government on scheduling, planning and content delivery
- Lead and project manage the delivery and operations of accelerator content alongside program partners
- Work closely with and mentor accelerator program participants
- Work with program mentors to support strategy and growth of participant companies
- Support the planning and delivery of the accelerator Demo Day
- Project manage with CEA executives program in providing reporting information as required by invested stakeholders
- Continue to support participant startups (either face-to-face or virtually) in execution of their strategies
- Provide linkages and networks nationally or internationally for participant startups to support commercialisation
- Experience delivering and participating in a structured accelerator program
- Knowledge, passion, and interest in one or more creative tech verticals
- Experience raising private capital or allocating capital through a fund or investment institution
- Startup CEO or senior management experience at a company that has successfully exited
- An understanding of various business model applications and pathways to market
- Experience working in an incubator or coworking space providing mentoring, advice, and strategic guidance
- Graduate or postgraduate degree in a relevant field
- Exceptional written, communication and leadership skills
- Flexible, easygoing and adaptive to changing business environments
- Ability to mentor and inspire leaders or startup founders in realizing commercial success
- Competitive salary package
- Business class flights and accommodation in Brisbane to be available for the program delivery phase of the accelerator
- Flexible approach to working
CEA will be delivering Australia’s first Creative Tech Accelerator in mid-2017. To that end, we're looking for an experienced entrepreneur in residence and program lead capable of overseeing and delivering the accelerator program whilst also working with accelerator program partners nationally and internationally.
The Creative Tech Accelerator will be delivered over a three-month period, with a two-month extended market development and coworking component and will support a cohort of 10 Queensland-based startups with investment, mentoring and structured program delivery. Your mission will be to deliver the three-month program at CEA’s headquarters in Brisbane Australia, whilst also being available for 6 weeks prior to the program commencing to support program structure, applicant selection, and planning.
The position will be based at Z1’ The Works’, QUT Creative Enterprise Australia with some responsibilities at Z9 Creative Industries Precinct at Kelvin Grove. Due to the nature of the accelerator activities, responsibilities will range from normal business hours to after-hours engagements.
We are looking for a strategic thinker, mentor, and coach who can help startup entrepreneurs start, grow, scale and connect. You may have delivered accelerator programs and be a serial entrepreneur, be a practitioner of the Lean Startup ways, be a tech evangelist or investor, or have significant experience mentoring and helping startups grow.
We are looking for individuals who have an understanding, background, passion and interest in the creative tech space, given the need to fast-track commercial success in this sector.
You will be responsible for leading this accelerator cohort with regards to content delivery, program management, partnership management and reporting. Ideally, you are a tech entrepreneur that has delivered structured startup programs (preferably accelerators) with an understanding of startup principles and passion for entrepreneurship.
You should be available to support the pre-program activities starting in April-May 2017, with on-the-ground program delivery to take place May-July 2017. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide feedback to all applicants. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly. Thank you for your understanding!
The successful applicant will be required to obtain the appropriate Australian working visa and be approved to be working around students. CEA will provide support where necessary with the appropriate Australian government bodies.
Although the accelerator will be delivered in Brisbane’s cooler winter months, the climate is sub-tropical—so expect plenty of sunshine and warm weather!
With growing incubation and acceleration programs, an active investment fund and a thriving coworking space, there may be ongoing options to support CEA activities at the conclusion of the accelerator program.
About QUT Creative Enterprise Australia
QUT Creative Enterprise Australia (CEA) helps start, grow, scale and connect creative companies. Providing essential business skills and mentoring focused on company growth and investment, CEA accelerates companies with a focus on design, fashion, entertainment, photography, music, film and television, digital technology, games and interactive content.
Since 2008, over 4,000 entrepreneurs have engaged in CEA services. We have supported over 500 creative companies on site, created over 50 startups and established Australia’s first creative Startup Fund.
CEA offers access to workspace, business mentoring, special events, networks, research expertise and capital to foster the growth of the creative industries in Australia.