Please leave your email to access this job on third-party website
ViewQwest offers visa sponsorship
ViewQwest will arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate and cover the associated costs.
Are you a programmer who gets excited about new gadgets, especially hobbyist electronics and computers? Are you happy reaching for the screwdriver when a treasured device stops working? Then join ViewQwest as an R&D engineer in Singapore! Read more about ViewQwest
- Create and test internal prototypes.
- Adapt existing products to demonstrate new technologies or customer experiences.
- Evaluate new equipment or new technologies and discover their speed, reliability, and limitations with respect to the high-speed expectations of transit ticketing.
- Document the issues and solutions discovered.
- Work with 3rd party providers and developers of hardware (electronics and mechanical) to solve customer needs.
- Work with equipment for gates, on-bus, portable, retail equipment, and consumer technology.
- Pilot projects to trial technologies in the real world with live clients. Possible international travel to fit and test trial devices.
- Manage your own projects, contribute to others, and provide technical support internally and externally.
- You have a diploma or degree in computer science, information technology, engineering or a related field.
- You are a collaborative self-starter and problem solver who thrives in an unstructured team environment.
- You have a strong engineering background, ideally using Java.
- You have no fear of getting build toolchains working or setting up a dev environment.
- You use code repositories.
- You have experience with unit testing.
- You have experience with client/server systems.
- You can create and/or add to code within iOS and/or Android apps.
- You have experience with Linux—specifically, getting hardware to work with Linux devices. Any history in rPi or home automation a bonus.
- You have experience with shell use and shell scripting.
As an R&D engineer at ViewQwest, you will work to bridge the uncertain ground between theoretical ideas and practical products/solutions that ViewQwest will be able to commercialise and bring to market.
We will keep non-shortlisted resumes on file in consideration of future opportunities.
About ViewQwest in Singapore
ViewQwest is an Internet Service Provider that is driven by technical innovation and our commitment to excellent customer service. We’re at the forefront of technological innovation, with our network and infrastructure built entirely on next generation connectivity. We’re constantly innovating to deliver customer-centric solutions to connect the world.
Our main operations are in Singapore and Malaysia. Headquartered in Singapore, ViewQwest has been in operations since 2001. We provide a wide range of solutions and services, including high-performance internet for the consumer and enterprise markets, data centre services, IP telephony, security services, custom DNS routing and more.
Moving to Singapore
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can get your employment pass as soon as within 7 days of arrival to Singapore, or a maximum of 31 days. If you require a visa to enter Singapore, allow for an added time of approximately 2 weeks for visa processing.