IC Layout Engineer
Please leave your email to access this job on third-party website
USound offers visa sponsorship
USound will arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate and cover the associated costs.
in Graz, Austria
We are looking for a reliable and committed team player to join our IC design team in Graz. You will join an international team of IC and HW/SW developers, and play an integral role in defining and developing chips to support our technology. We're looking for someone motivated and capable of working in a fast-changing environment of a start-up. Read more about USound
- Be responsible for the layout of complex analog blocks, as well as optimization for performance, area and power consumption.
- Own the chip top-level, back-end flow, and primary contact to foundry, as well as design service providers.
- Participate in design considerations including considerations for yield, manufacturability and design for test, definition of production test requirements.
- Create time/project plans and manage own work and progress.
- Document and report your progress to your first line manager.
- You have a degree (BA or MSC) in mixed-signal IC design.
- You have 5-10 years of professional industry experience.
- You are a good communicator and fluent in English - German is a plus.
- You have a solid understanding of electrical systems and circuits, device physics and parasitic effects in complex BCD technologies.
- You have experience laying out complex SoC designs with critical requirements for power, speed and area.
- You have experience creating and maintaining floor plan, performing place and route, LVS, DRC, etc.
- You are skilled with back-end EDA tools like Mentor, Cadence and Synopsys.
- You are self-motivated, able to proactively address physical design issues and discuss them at a technical level.
- You have the ability to work independently with minimum guidance.
- Experience with logic synthesis, timing analysis, equivalent checks, and DFT is a plus.
- Attractive compensation package; salary is negotiable according to your qualification and experience.
- Flexible working hours in a friendly work environment.
- Work in an international and innovative company.
USound is a fast-growing audio company developing audio systems for personal audio applications such as mobile phones, headphones, hearing aids as well as other applications for the global market.
About USound in Graz, Austria
USound GmbH is an innovative fast growing audio company with offices in Graz (Austria) and Vienna (Austria), founded with the mission of developing and producing the most advanced audio systems for mobile applications based on MEMS (Micro-Electro-Mechanical System) technology.
Our MEMS micro speakers are smart components designed to fit seamlessly into earphones, headphones, hearables, and smartphones. Our micro speakers are power-management friendly and programmable for the best efficiency in a wide range of working conditions.
USound’s MEMS transducers are miniaturized at levels only reachable by the precision of silicon batch processing and microelectronics assembly. They fit well into the ear canal and show an intrinsically low heat dissipation. USound sub-miniature speakers are perfectly positioned to fit into the next-generation smart headphones.
USound imagines a future where speakers and microphones are connected together into smart audio systems, enabling audio augmented-reality functionalities. With the introduction of innovative MEMS technology, USound is setting new standards in terms of audio quality and low power consumption.
Life at USound
The heart and soul of USound is creativity and innovation. We strongly believe in innovation, and refuse to think that what was done yesterday will be sufficient for tomorrow. We apply this vision into everyday activities and our work environment. If you thrive in highly creative, fast-paced and collaborative environments, we invite you to join our effort to change the world.