Senior Data Scientist
Carousell offers visa sponsorship
Carousell will arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate and cover the associated costs.
Love buying and selling on Carousell? Then meet the team that handcrafts various parts of the mobile applications, website and back-end systems in order to deliver the best user experience. Here at Carousell, our data & engineering teams work on a myriad of problem domains. We're looking for an experienced data scientist to join us! Read more about Carousell
- Establish and nurture a high performing machine learning/AI culture in partnership with CTO.
- Provide expertise on concepts for machine learning and applied analytics and inspire the adoption of machine learning across the breadth of our organization.
- Coach and mentor individual data scientists/machine learning engineers to be more effective individual contributors.
- Initiate high impact machine learning projects with actionable outcomes.
- Work with product/engineering to implement machine learning models in a production environment to end users.
- Build ML models at scale, using real-time big data pipelines on platforms such as Spark/MapReduce.
- Show proficiency in the implementation of deep learning algorithms (DNN, CNN).
- You have at least 5+ years of experience as a data scientist/machine learning engineer.
- You have a proven track record of shipping several large scale machine learning projects with multiple dependencies across teams.
- You are proficient in data science languages/frameworks such as Python, R, Tensorflow.
- You have experience with neural networks, logistic regression, recommender systems or any large scale machine learning systems.
Compensation & Benefits
- Apply and let's discuss your salary and benefits.
You'll get to work with data generated by millions of buyers and sellers, and convert them into actionable insights, for both our users and team. You will have the autonomy to lead and explore data science projects to solve key business problems, by working together with a core team of passionate data analysts, scientists and engineers. Every month, we host a range of meetups and talks on different topics, ranging from product hackdays to data meetups and events!
Ensuring that the user experience stays simple is complicated - and we take pride in our work to keep things that way.
About Carousell in Singapore
Carousell is a simple and easy way to buy and sell with anyone, so we can fill their lives with more meaningful things.
We are a mobile classifieds app that makes selling as easy as taking a photo, buying as simple as chatting. Launched in Aug 2012, Carousell began in Singapore and has expanded to 19 cities around the world, spanning 7 countries. With over 80 million listings, we are one of the world’s largest and fastest growing marketplaces. Carousell has been ranked as the top Shopping app in Singapore, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Australia, and is backed by leading international Venture Capitalists Sequoia Capital, Rakuten Ventures, 500 Startups, Golden Gate Ventures, and QuestVC. In Singapore, Carousell has a diverse range of products in 29 categories, including cars, lifestyle gadgets, and fashion accessories.
Life at Carousell
Our Core Values
One of the main reasons our team is so aligned and passionate about what we do is because we all believe in the same core values. Here they are, exactly as they were when our co-founders first started the company.
1. Mission first
When faced with difficult decisions, always look to the mission. No single person’s ego should come in the way of the mission.
2. Care deeply
We always ask how we can do better. And we go the extra mile to help and improve wherever possible.
3. Solve problems
Carousell was conceived because of our focus on solving problems. And this focus is what will keep us improving, always.
4. Be relentlessly resourceful
We do things that do not scale. And we work around constraints. We’ll do whatever it takes to delight our community.
5. Stay humble
We are always less than 1% done. Our mission is to serve the world, and we want to make online selling accessible to every person who’s connected to the internet.
Moving to Singapore
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can get your employment pass as soon as within 7 days of arrival to Singapore, or a maximum of 31 days. If you require a visa to enter Singapore, allow for an added time of approximately 2 weeks for visa processing.