Senior Mainframe Security Architect
in Tallinn, Estonia
Do you have a solid background—and a genuine interest—in IT security? Join a team of people who share your passion, in a city that loves all things tech. Tallinn is waiting for your skills! Read more about Danske Bank
- Shape and steer security architectural decisions
- Join architects from the business line and infrastructure teams to ensure common security standards are adopted into their specific architectures, roadmaps, and implementations
- Oversee business requirements to ensure security solutions help meet their goals and retain regulatory requirements
- Work closely with infrastructure teams, making sure security principles are adhered to
- Develop and maintain a roadmap of security solutions together with infrastructure teams
- Initiate and lead (where necessary) strategic security projects in security or platform teams
- Partner with infrastructure engineering teams to build strong relationships with technology providers and identify security trends
- Participate in the design governance frameworks to review proposed designs
- Establish and own the security standard baseline (technical specifications) for Mainframe system
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics or equivalent
- 8+ years of experience with IT security
- Analytical and structured working style
- Very good written and spoken English
- CISSP, CISM, CISA, CEH or other information security certifications
- Strong understanding of Mainframe internals, tools, and user land components
- Understanding concepts of Mainframe security, auditing, and observing
- Understanding TCP/IP protocol, firewalls, and IDPS
- Strong understanding of security strategies and technologies in a large enterprise
- Exposure to designing/assessing large-scale solutions using “defense in depth” principles
- Exposure to finance related security frameworks/standards (such as PCI-DSS, Basel II, SOX, ISO 27k and/or similar)
- Experience in coordination and risk mitigation of infrastructure/application pentest
- Understanding of a number of our key focus areas:
- Identity, federation and authentication technologies (e.g SAML, OAUTH)
- Web Services technologies (e.g. REST, XML, JSON)
- Securing public and private cloud solutions
- Cryptographic techniques and PKI services
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Visa sponsorship for the right candidate
- Freedom to experiment with new ideas
- Autonomy to decide how you want to work and achieve your goals
- Talented and hard-working coworkers
- International career and development opportunities within the group
- Challenging tasks and projects that support your professional growth
- Flexible work environment
- Supportive and considerate management
Our IT security team is responsible for performing security assessments of new development and infrastructure projects, security engineering and architecture for infrastructure projects and for performing controls of existing systems. We're now looking to add a senior mainframe security architect to the team.
This role is for a highly analytical person with a strong IT security background and preferably infrastructure and architecture experience. You're the person for the job if you have a genuine interest in current and evolving security threats, IT and information security, large IT environments, systems, and network infrastructure. The role will require you to work with solution architects, applications and infrastructure teams on the promotion and adoption of strategic Mainframe platform components and services. The main technical focus of this role is expected to cover Mainframe system fundamentals, configuration and auditing solutions, monitoring, access and capacity management, penetration testing and reporting.
If you are extremely systematic and focused in your approach to work, and if your mindset is that of a developer, you're the kind of person our team needs. You should be a collaborative person, but equally comfortable working independently—as long as things get done. If that's your attitude, introduce yourself so we can get to know each other!
Moving to Estonia
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Estonia within 24 hours from accepting the job offer, if your new employer is classified as a startup.
If your new employer is not considered a startup, you can start after a maximum of 10 days from accepting the job offer.
If you hold the passport of a country that requires a visa to enter Estonia, you can move and start working within approximately 4 weeks.