Senior Growth Manager
in Cyberjaya, Malaysia
Do you have a wealth of experience with sales and startups? The MDEC team in Malaysia is looking for exceptional people to help them shape and support the local startup ecosystem. Read on to see if this could be your next life-changing adventure! Read more about MDEC
- Identify and engage with the ecosystem (accelerators, venture builders, venture capitalists, co-working spaces, startup organizations and talent builders)
- Establish credibility within the startup and investor community by leveraging on the digital hub strategy and the incentives
- Drive the necessary business and technical relationships with the ecosystem players and their partners and/or portfolio companies to establish new engagement and assist to further populate and/or redomiciling into the identified Digital Hubs and/or the activities organized by the Digital Hubs
- Manage a team accountable for meeting outcome-based results with clear deliverables and measurements
- You have at least 8 years of business development/sales or startup/investor experience, preferably within the technology industry.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as relationship building skills.
- An ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is key.
- You're self-reliant, adaptable, hardworking, decisive, and professional.
- You can do data analysis to drive actionable insights and lead relevant campaigns.
- Some basic technical knowledge is helpful but not fully necessary (such as database systems, core distributed computing concepts, fundamentals of cloud computing and storage systems...).
- You are passionate about technology innovation.
- You have experience with and knowledge of the venture capital, accelerators, and incubators community.
- Candidates with knowledge of the Malaysian startup ecosystem will have an added advantage.
- Let's discuss your salary and benefits!
MDEC is looking for world-class candidates to join our Growth Ecosystem Development team. In this division, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and support startup communities. Through Digital Hub, an incentive-driven status that the government will confer to the ecosystem-populated co-working locations, Malaysia will be positioned as an active member of the ASEAN and global startup ecosystems in attracting capital, talents, and innovation.
About MDEC in Malaysia
Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC) was incorporated in 1996 to strategically advise the Malaysian government on legislation, policies and standards for digital and ICT operations as well as to oversee the development of various platforms to nurture the growth of Malaysian digital companies whilst attracting participation from global companies and ecosystem players—small and large—to invest in and develop creative digital solutions in Malaysia.
Moving to Malaysia
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Malaysia within approximately 4 weeks after submitting your application. If you need a visa to enter Malaysia, the visa processing time will be added to that.