Piktochart offers visa sponsorship
Piktochart will arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate and cover the associated costs.
in Penang, Malaysia
- You are familiar with the back-end environment and how to integrate the server data into the web application.
- You are a passionate developer that writes great structural code, is able to adapt and improve the existing codes.
- You are familiar with libraries like RxJS, CycleJS, ReactJS, Redux, and other similar libraries.
- You care about testing and write automated test coverage to ensure the written application is stable and works among browsers.
- You are someone who picks things up quickly, contributes to everyone's learning and wants to grow with the company.
- You are fluent in English.
- Apply and let's discuss your salary and benefits.
Front-end is part of a product team that consists of UI/UX, product managers, back-end developers, QA and dev ops. It has always been a challenge and satisfaction to see a UI design get implemented in code!
Piktochart has an open environment through weekly sharing that encourages participations and suggestions to improve the platform. For example, we have adopted frameworks such as Cycle.js, Vue.js or adopted the philosophy of reactive programming from procedural thanks to these group huddles! While we do our best to adhere to standard principles like Git for code management, Scrum for project updates and code reviews to help validate one another’s works, we also go for best practice and not common practice in other areas. In short, we are not just looking for code that works, we want it to be easily maintainable in the long term and we define this by:
- Code that is easily understood by the team;
- Less prone to bugs when there are changes;
- Easily extendable.
Some interesting projects that we are undertaking now include a design system that has reusable components in the UI to accelerate a lot of the development in-house. If all these sound like a challenge to you and our values resound with you, please read on!
About Piktochart in Malaysia
The close-knit team behind Piktochart brings you a web application that empowers people who cannot design to create visual content. Some of our users include educators from Harvard, product managers at Google, Starwood Hotels, PWC and many non-profit organizations, freelancers and entrepreneurs. They use Piktochart based on our ability to help them design a compelling story. Piktochart started out with our faith and family as our foundation. We love what we do and our users, and constantly try to get better at our craft!
Life at Piktochart
Our 15,000 sq ft office is equipped with a fully stocked pantry, 6 brainjuice rooms, foosball table, electronic dart and much more. We're a small company, but we provide great benefits: health insurance, a Macbook Air/Pro, lots of fun activities like laser tag, catered meals, annual retreats at exotic places (Seoul, Melbourne & Maldives), etc.
Moving to Malaysia
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Malaysia within approximately 4 weeks after submitting your application. If you need a visa to enter Malaysia, the visa processing time will be added to that.