Full-Stack Software Engineer
Please leave your email to access this job on third-party website
Kognity offers visa sponsorship
Kognity will arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate and cover the associated costs.
in Stockholm, Sweden
Are you a software engineer with several years of professional experience? Do you like getting things done, doing them well, and having fun while you're at it? Join us at Kognity to help develop our technical learning platform and infrastructure! Read more about Kognity
- Develop and maintain new features, on the backend and the frontend.
- Take part in product ideation and development.
- You have 2+ years of web development experience (with some or all of front end, back end, deployment, and infrastructure).
- You can and want to work full-stack.
- You are willing to relocate to Stockholm, Sweden.
- Django, Rails, Spring or similar web technology
- AngularJS, React, Vue or similar web frameworks
- Automated testing (unit, integration, selenium) and strategies
- Continuous integration (Jenkins, Teamcity), deployments, builds
- Webpack or similar bundle tools
- Experience with SQL databases, especially PostgreSQL
- Working with AWS, Heroku, CDN, Docker etc.
Compensation & Benefits
- We offer a competitive wellness grant and private pension savings.
- It doesn’t matter where in the world you live, we will make sure your move to Sweden, and to Kognity, will be as great as can be.
- Here at Kognity, you can take up to 9 weeks of vacation, as it’s important to us that you are well-rested in order to come back a superstar.
- Whether it’s softball Tuesday, Fourth of July extravaganza or after-works, we’ll have a blast. There is always a reason to socialize with your amazing Kogleagues!
- We want you to live a balanced life, which is why we offer flexible work hours and the ability for you to work remotely from time to time.
- Eat breakfast at work every day with your Kogleagues or while reading your mail. We also arrange weekly organized breakfasts with all you can eat waffles, smoothies and fruit!
- We have many different nationalities at Kognity to exchange experiences with. Working in an international environment also allows you to travel and meet schools from all over the world.
- Kogformance is our way of allowing all Kognites to have a structured and fun way to reach their goals. Everyone can and will make an impact with quarterly competitions and rewards for achievements!
This job is for you if you're pragmatic and like it when things are moving fast. You appreciate smart, dedicated colleagues who truly care about you, the product, and the technical solutions. You value simplicity, code reviews, and continuous integration.
You will be part of a small team of engineers who develop our technical learning platform and infrastructure. We work full-stack from infrastructure, deployment, database, Django backend up to front-end apps with AngularJS/Vue and Webpack. Together with our product team, we also contribute to the ideation and solution stages of upcoming features and projects.
About Kognity in Stockholm, Sweden
Kognity is one of the fastest-growing EdTech companies in the world and we aim to radically improve learning for 1.5 billion school students globally.
We pursue our vision because there are few more important jobs than educating the world’s young people. No other single factor has a higher impact on the prosperity and well-being of humanity than education. Yet technology has previously not delivered on any of its promises of better learning. At Kognity, we have set out to do this.
We provide intelligent textbooks to schools in over 70 countries on 5 continents, allowing students to learn things faster, more effectively, and teachers to help students reach their goals.
Life at Kognity
We are looking for exceptional people who want to pursue the biggest possible challenges. We need the sharpest brains, biggest hearts, and greatest drive in Stockholm and internationally. Kognity is for those who want to take part in making the world a better place by working hard and creatively in a fun, caring, high-paced and challenging environment.