Senior Embedded Engineer (Security/Cryptography)
Please leave your email to access this job on third-party website
V-Key does not offer visa sponsorship
V-Key will not arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate or cover the associated costs.
We're looking for a senior engineer who is passionate about Virtual Secure Element (VSE) development, cryptographic Hardware Security Module (HSM) development, Internet of Things (IoT) development, and mobile platform development to join us. You'll be part of our cutting-edge Research & Development team who are working on innovative solutions for enhancing the security of software, and more. Read more about V-Key
- Understand existing design and code base of V-Key’s suite of embedded software systems and mobile security products.
- Be a team contributor in the development of the patented V-OS Virtual Secure Element technology.
- Create innovative security software solutions that are on par with hardware in terms of security.
- Design and develop innovative cutting-edge mobile security applications with V-OS.
- Perform thorough unit testing to ensure high quality software, meeting product requirements and technical specifications.
- Ensure timely completion of development assignments and user stories.
- Lead and coach the R&D team in research, development and implementation of V-OS, embedded software, and mobile security applications.
- You have at least 5 years’ experience in software development.
- You have a strong technical background in and are passionate about security, embedded, and cryptographic software development.
- You have hands-on experience in embedded software development.
- You are fluent in C and C++ programming.
- You have a good understand of C/C++ compiler and linker toolchain.
- You have experience in Git source code versioning and management tools.
- You have strong problem-solving skills.
- You are detail-oriented and meticulous in development and unit testing assignments.
- You have at least 2 to 3 years of experience working as a team lead in software development, with relevant experience in agile software development methodology and process.
- You have the ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- You have the ability to work effectively in a team and as an individual.
- You have good verbal and written communication skills in English and excellent interpersonal skills.
- You have a degree/diploma in computer science, computer engineering, information technology, or equivalent.
- Experience in Hardware Security Module (HSM) or mobile development is a plus.
Compensation & Benefits
- Apply and let's discuss your salary and benefits.
Working closely with the Chief Technology Officer (CTO), technical product owners, and peer developers and researchers, you'll work on cutting-edge R&D of virtual processors, firmware, Opera Operating System (OS) internals, and embedded software in HSM, IoT, and mobile applications, to develop innovative solutions for enhancing the security of software in general.
About V-Key in Singapore
Deployed by top banks, mobile payment providers, and governments globally, V-OS is the world’s first virtual secure element.
Developed by V-Key using a patented cryptographic virtual machine integrated with tamper protections, V-Key is able to provide complete mobile application security for any mobile application with V-OS as a strong base.
Our solutions allow businesses to roll out cloud-based payments, trusted authentication for mobile banking, and other secured mobile applications for user data protection without the need to use any form of hardware secure elements. After all, software security is the new hardware.
Using a FIPS 140-2 certified module for cryptographic assurance, our solutions have been accredited and accepted by multiple government agencies and regulatory bodies globally.
The hardened V-OS virtual machine has been proven in multiple penetration tests to be able to withstand many classes of hacking attacks that are rarely protected against – challenging security standards previously held by hardware tokens. This allows our customers to easily comply with stringent regulatory requirements and other security requirements of cloud-based payments and mobile transactions.
We believe that software security is the new hardware. This is why V-OS has been architected and developed like a hardware encryptor in order to provide military-grade protection for your mobile application.
Traditional tamper-protection relies on techniques such as code obfuscation, whitebox cryptography, and anti-tampering/anti-debugging mechanisms. V-Key tightly integrates these best-of-breed techniques into the V-OS virtual machine in a groundbreaking manner in order to create a reinforcing system of protection.
Many penetration tests repeatedly showed V-Key’s solutions to be more effective than any other competitive product in the market.
Moving to Singapore
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can get your employment pass as soon as within 7 days of arrival to Singapore, or a maximum of 31 days. If you require a visa to enter Singapore, allow for an added time of approximately 2 weeks for visa processing.