Senior Back-end Developer
in Helsinki, Finland
Programmer with a passion for games and looking for a Scandinavian adventure? Head to beautiful Helsinki and work for Supercell as a senior back-end developer for their services team. Read more about Supercell
- Design, implementation, deployment and maintenance of scalable, highly available and secure systems
- Working with other teams to clarify and define concepts, use cases and requirements
- Offer 24/7 first-line support of the production environments, as part of a rotating on-call duty
- Experience in designing, developing, operating and maintaining a production system
- Excellent programming skills – minimum of 5 years experience with server-side backends, preferably in Java
- Good experience with Linux shell and scripting languages
- Experience with cloud computing, preferably AWS
- Ability to think clearly under pressure. We aim for minimal downtime in our core systems. You are expected to be able to respond to and troubleshoot a wide range of issues in a production environment
- Being passionate and committed to tasks, and in general an autonomous person with high levels of initiative and energy
- Ability to manage priorities and tight deadlines with incomplete data
- An open and respectful attitude towards others and their work
- Enthusiasm towards games in general
- Competitive compensation and benefits. We create great teams and take very good care of them
- Opportunity to travel to our offices in Seoul, San Francisco, Tokyo and Shanghai as well as the possibility to attend industry events/seminars
The Services team is responsible for Supercell’s data and tools. We gather, process and store multiple terabytes of data a day, and bring visibility to every aspect of our business through dashboards and automated reports. We build the tools and services that allow game teams and their supporting cast to focus on the games. Whether it’s LiveOps tools that control the in-game experience of our 100M+ daily players, player support tools used to solve millions of monthly support requests, Single Sign-On, or the analytics pipeline, we build long-term solutions to make everything at Supercell work.
The ideal addition to the Services team shares an approach that solutions are not just about code. We practice DevOps and believe that delivering end-to-end solutions is the most rewarding and efficient way to get results. To do so, we require people with extensive technical expertise, an ability to work independently, and commitment to follow through on big ideas. When you join the Services team at Supercell, you’ll have the freedom, responsibility, and pressure of being the CTO of your own work.
Do you have experience in cloud environments and developing live systems? Do you understand what it means to support a system with large user and data volumes? Or are these areas that you find interesting and want to work with? Send our application our way! When applying, tell us your earliest starting date—if you're the right person, you can start right away!
in Helsinki, Finland
Supercell aims to create games that millions of people will play for years or decades to come. We believe the best people make the best games and that is who we are looking for. If you love games and are passionate about playing and crafting them, and you are looking for a job that provides you ownership and independence, this is the right place.
Supercell isn't an entertainment company, it isn't a start-up, and it isn't just any game company. Our focus sets us apart. To release four games we have killed fourteen. We've shut down marketing campaigns because they weren't perfect for our players, and we've scrapped a ton of game features that were simply too niche.
We also believe that focus means staying small. We hire only the most passionate doers and arm them with the trust and support to make the biggest impact possible. As part of a small, independent team at Supercell, you'll be free to dream and succeed (and sometimes fail) big!