Public Relations (PR) Manager
Please leave your email to access this job on third-party website
Jobbatical does not offer visa sponsorship
Jobbatical will not arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate or cover the associated costs.
in New York, United States
So you love startups, open borders, exciting challenges and—perhaps most importantly—PR & communications. Sounds like it might be time for you to join the Jobbatical team. We're ready to take on the world. Are you? Read more about Jobbatical
- Partner with our content team to develop user stories, industry trend pieces, and additional content.
- Understand and evaluate the levers of influence on the ever-changing PR/social/digital/content marketing landscapes.
- Determine a plan for key communications assets—our blog, social media presence—and work with leaders in the company to create compelling content.
- Handle reporter inquiries and secure our presence in mainstream and niche media by developing relationships with reporters, pitching, and creating press releases.
- Cultivate relationships with journalists, editors, and publications in our niche.
- Create a strong external presence through facilitating staff speaking at conferences, hosting events, etc.
- Secure contributor relationships with major tech and consumer publications.
- Ghostwrite bylines for major publications like Quartz, Washington Post, etc.
- You have 5+ years of PR experience, with at least three of those being in-house at a strong experiential or internet/tech consumer brand. Agency experience is a plus!
- An effective communicator and storyteller, you can work with cross-functional teams and manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- You're a strong writer who can convert technical capabilities into clear, concise, and compelling benefits for enterprises and consumers.
- A true PR strategist, you have a solid media relations network and an understanding of media needs.
- You're proactive, reliable, and responsible.
- You have experience advising senior leaders.
- Your English is seriously good—we mean native-level good.
- You have an existing network of relevant press contacts in North America.
- You'll get equity and a competitive salary.
- Part-time or full-time, we'll let you choose your schedule. You'll also get to choose if you want to work from home or from our office in the West Village in Manhattan.
Team Jobbatical is on the lookout for an experienced PR & communications professional to take care of external and internal communications. You'll be involved in all stages of communications efforts from setting up the storytelling strategy to working directly with journalists, bloggers and other loudspeakers of the world.
Would you say you're a go-getter (although, as a brilliant communicator, you might use a better word for it) and a strategic thinker who just can't help but deliver on seamless execution and results? Do you work well independently AND thrive on a team? Do you also happen to have an affinity for consumer web products and fast-paced environments? Did you take a close look at the tasks and requirements below and realize you were the perfect person to join us on our crazy fun-filled startup ride?
Yeah. It's official. We definitely want to hear from you.
Ready to make our jaws drop? Send your application our way, telling us all about your existing press and media relationships and your storytelling prowess.
Part-time or full-time, we'll let you choose your schedule. We'll also let you choose if you want to work from home or from our office in the West Village in Manhattan.
About Jobbatical in Tallinn, Estonia
At Jobbatical, we think beyond borders and help the world work together.
Our international job platform connects globally minded companies with ready-to-relocate tech, business and creative talent—people like you. We believe in a fully connected world where your career success is decided by your skill and ambition, not your birthplace.
Our goal is to encourage employers to set aside cultural biases and hire the people with the best skills for the job, and we take our own advice: we don’t discriminate based on nationality, gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or anything else that has nothing to do with the role you'll be filling.
Founded in 2014 by three Estonians, we’ve since grown into a global team of 35+ aspiring world-changers from 16+ nationalities.
Life at Jobbatical
These are the values that guide us:
Start with why. We don’t do things for the sake of having something to do. Keeping the “why” of our actions in mind helps us stay focused on the things that matter.
Don’t wait to be asked. (Make it happen.) We’re not here to sit around and wait for orders. We have ideas and bring them to life.
Go beyond yourself. Comfort zones are great. We love waving at them as we leave them behind.
Choose difficult truths over comforting lies. Saying yes to everything is easy. But many of the most fruitful and necessary conversations are uncomfortable.
Be bold, stay humble. We’re not afraid to take risks and make mistakes to build what we believe in. And we know the world doesn’t owe us anything.