Please leave your email to access this job on third-party website
in Tallinn, Estonia
We are looking for an inspiring engineering leader. Working closely with the customer-facing, product and engineering teams, you will be instrumental in bridging business with tech at Topia. Read more about Topia
- Understand and capture the user and customer requirements, needs and desires and translate them into effective product improvements and new releases.
- Ensure the products deliver functionally and have features that exceed customer expectation and user experience.
- Balance the time to market benefits of reusing technical components Topia has built and acquired over the years with the need to constantly iterate towards a future-proof architecture.
- Work with User Experience Design & Customer Success teams to ensure that customer experience is at the heart of every product decision.
- Provide second and third-tier investigation and resolution on any live customer issues reported via Technical Support and Customer Success teams.
- Ensure the development team works in an agile way (Scrum) and focus on delivering continually enhanced products that deliver value and are repeatable for Topia.
- Ensure the products deliver revenue and ROI to Topia.
- Understand the significance of industry trends and new technologies and complete qualitative assessment of competitors and their capabilities.
- Ensure that all employees in a variety of sales, marketing and services roles are properly enabled to present products effectively in the marketplace and subsequently help drive revenue.
- Where required, support the sales and marketing functions in evangelising the products at events and user groups.
- Inspiring engineering leader your team can rely upon.
- Good communication and customer-facing skills.
- A passion for solving real-world problems.
- Curiosity and interest in a broad range of technologies.
- Experience in software architecture, API design, and integrations.
- An appreciation that world-class software products need excellence throughout the stack, from DevOps to backend to UI.
- Ability to contribute to continuous improvement within the scrum team.
- An "automate everything" mentality (e.g. CD pipelines, Jenkins, etc.).
- Interest or experience in cloud platforms AWS, GCloud, Azure
- Experience with Docker + interest in Kubernetes.
- A desire to deliver value through the successful prioritization of the needs of multiple stakeholders, implementing working solutions.
- Want to do things the right way, but accept that sometimes perfect can be the enemy of good.
Compensation & Benefits
- Your relocation package will include flights, temporary accommodation, and help with transporting your belongings.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have experience in leading an agile team of ~3-6 engineers in seeing through solutions from design to deployment based on a good understanding of the business domain and needs. Collaborating with your Product Manager, you will be responsible for planning and delivering the product roadmap through sprint release cycles, further innovating our product offering whilst still addressing business concerns.
You have a passion for technical leadership: you are able to develop and inspire your team to build enterprise applications that disrupt the global mobility management market. Sometimes what your team builds is new services from scratch, at other times you combine our existing time-tested components in novel ways, always championing the need for building high quality, scalable solutions for our Fortune 500 customers.
You thrive in a fast-paced environment with a startup feel. You are passionate about setting your team up for success, building trusted relationships and helping them to see the big picture and their operating context. You leverage your core knowledge of software development to help the team make the right decisions and debate architecture and technologies to drive forward our vision and exceed our user’s expectations. Your opinion matters and you are not afraid to try new approaches and test your ideas. You have strong business acumen and have a customer-first mentality.
Topia (formerly MOVE Guides, Polaris Global Mobility and Teleport), the global mobility management company, reduces barriers between people and places to enable employees to work from anywhere through its integrated suite of mobility solutions and services.
Over 100 global companies rely on Topia’s technology and service platform for relocation and expatriate management, tax and payroll, and immigration data across more than 100 countries with maximum operational efficiency, employee satisfaction and engagement, and assured compliance. Topia’s philanthropic initiative, Mobility4All, provides a portion of revenue and employee time to assist individuals fleeing poverty and conflict by moving to new locations.
Founded in 2012, Topia has raised over $90M from New Enterprise Associates and Notion Capital and operates headquarters in San Francisco, with 17 offices throughout the Americas, EMEA and APAC. Our R&D teams are located in Tallinn and Seattle. For more information, go to topia.com and follow Topia on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Life at Topia
Our Topia team is inspired by our common belief in our mission: to enable companies to work everywhere. We believe that our diversity of experiences, perspectives, and ideas is our strongest superpower.
Working at our stage of company is unique and formative. You make decisions with limited data and you prioritize ruthlessly to align with our dynamic business. You have exhilarating highs and challenging lows, and you learn throughout the entire experience alongside a team that is extremely hard-working, creative and inspiring. We apply innovative thinking and solutions to our radically collaborative work environment which enables a culture in which our shared success is fuelled by truly caring about each other as Topians.
We are an agile team working in fortnightly sprint release cycles. The engineering team is divided into product verticals. You will be aligned to one of the teams but will gain exposure to all of the products.
We have a very open environment and all ideas and feedback are welcome. We have plenty of opportunities for this via project kick-off and round table sessions, regular reviews, retrospectives, tech discussions and debates.
One of our values is Learn Relentlessly. To help accelerate learning, we frequently hold drop-in sessions, lunch and learns and occasionally you may be working on proof of concepts to bring in new ideas or technologies.
We have a relaxed office vibe, Friday beers, no suits, and geeky t-shirts are welcome.
Moving to Estonia
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Estonia within 24 hours from accepting the job offer, if your new employer is classified as a startup.
If your new employer is not considered a startup, you can start after a maximum of 10 days from accepting the job offer.
If you hold the passport of a country that requires a visa to enter Estonia, you can move and start working within approximately 4 weeks.