Studyportals does not offer visa sponsorship
Studyportals will not arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate or cover the associated costs.
in Eindhoven, Netherlands
Our challenge is to build, adapt, and create the biggest education search platform in the world, bringing absolute transparency and reliability to international higher education. We've been putting a lot of work and proverbial sweat into creating platforms that are valuable to students and agile-enough for the demands of the international education industry. Bring our platforms to the next level! Read more about Studyportals
- You have at least 3 full years of work experience as web developer.
- You have the ability to write valid and semantically correct HTML5 and CSS3.
- You have experience building and optimizing high-traffic websites.
- You’re interested in working with technologies like Sass, Vue.js (or other component-based systems), Gulp and Node.js.
- You have the ability to quickly visualize your ideas digitally or on paper.
- You have experience in conversion optimization and with A/B testing tools.
- You believe in a mobile first and responsive approach to web development.
- You are comfortable working independently, but also in a team and value open communication.
- You are comfortable speaking in English on a day-to-day basis.
- You are an EU citizen or you have a valid EU work permit.
Compensation & Benefits
- An annual personal development budget, because personal growth is KEY!
- Competitive salary, including an excellent bonus scheme (we like to give credit where credit is due).
- 25 days paid leave (with the possibility to buy/sell 5 days).
- Reimbursement of your work-related travel costs.
- A discount for a collective insurance package with IAK, covering public and private insurance from healthcare and home insurance to car and liability insurance.
- Informal, entrepreneurial, and flexible atmosphere where self-initiative is highly appreciated. Apart from your contribution to the company, your personal development has high priority.
- Bi-weekly hackday, during which you can freely experiment with new technologies or new projects, which you choose yourself.
- Extras that make life more interesting such as a laptop of your choice, fresh fruit, coffee and tea in the office, beer Fridays etc.
- We're located in the vibrant Strijp-S area in Eindhoven. An exciting hub of entrepreneurship, technology and design, just 10 minutes from the city centre and 15 minutes from the airport.
- A full-time position, with full-on perks.
- The opportunity to make our world a little better. Be at the core of the growth phase of a study choice giant that the global market is desperately waiting for.
- A great company environment that is serious about fun with everything we do. That includes frequent memorable team events, table tennis, slide, karaoke nights (it’s okay if you don’t sing) etc.
- Get on a career path, not just on another job
- Technical problems to solve that get your brain going, especially as we scale.
You will work in a multidisciplinary scrum team of about five people: two front-end developers, two back-end developers and one UX designer. Your team will be cooperating with our graphic designers and stakeholders in order to realize the best implementation possible.
As a front-end developer you will explore technologies like Sass, Vue.js, Gulp, Node.js and Service Workers to boost the usability of our student-facing websites and our internal tools in every sprint. You will also be expected to contribute to our product vision and roadmap on a regular basis; for example, during daily team stand-ups or quarterly engineering strategy days.
About Studyportals in Eindhoven, Netherlands
Studyportals is a fast-growing online platform where students can find and compare their education options internationally.
Our mission is to empower the world to choose education. We focus on quality from both a student as well as a university perspective: offering the best information for students, and low-effort, cost-effective, and result-based marketing for universities.
Over 2,450 universities participate across 67 countries, creating transparency across 117,000+ study programmes. We have a large global visitor base of over 19 million visits every year.
The Studyportals team now consists of over a hundred and seventy people worldwide from 35 different nationalities, and we're expecting to grow the team to about 200 people in the upcoming year. Studyportals proudly ranks 18th in the 2015 Employee satisfaction ranking, an annual survey carried out by SatisAction and the NRC. Our HQ is located in Eindhoven, in the iconic Klokgebouw, at Strijp-S, a hub of entrepreneurship, technology, and design. We also have operations in Boston, Melbourne, Manchester, Stockholm and Bucharest.