TransferWise offers visa sponsorship
This job listing is a part of the Career Hunt 2019 campaign. Career Hunt rockets your IT-career straight to the Nordic tech-hub – Estonia. Apply, because the TOP 25 candidates around the world will be flown to Estonia for a tech-tour, given the chance to meet the biggest IT-wonders and get VIP-shortcuts for job interviews in selected companies! Read more at careerhunt.eu
in Tallinn, Estonia
We're looking for a Java developer to join our team in Tallinn. The role is a unique opportunity to join one of the fastest growing companies in Europe and support one of our engineering areas to help more millions of potential customers save money by using TransferWise. Read more about TransferWise
- You have at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- You're passionate about product and user experience - customers are at the heart of what you do and that empathy drives your decisions.
- You have solid Java 8 knowledge and hands-on experience.
- You have high coding standards (TDD, Clean Code).
- You know your way around dependencies, have experience in performance tuning, and have used DB abstraction layers like Hibernate or messaging services (Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ, JMS).
- You have experience working with Spring, Spring Boot and REST microservices.
- You have worked for several years within a production environment.
- You have experience with financial systems.
- You have knowledge of PostgreSQL, advanced types and query features.
- Perhaps you have experience with machine learning or other data driven development experience.
- You know your way around event driven architecture.
- You have some Groovy experience.
Compensation & Benefits
- Stock options in one of Europe's most hotly tipped startups.
- Relocation and visa support.
- Flexible working hours with the option of working remotely.
- Well-being benefits (e.g. extra health days, gym, sauna, etc).
- Lunch every second Thursday.
- 28 days holiday a year (plus public holidays), a fun, friendly atmosphere, plenty of opportunities to grow and the chance to be part of our irreversible change in how money moves across the world.
TransferWise is an international money transfer start-up co-founded by Skype’s first employee and backed by some of the planet's most experienced innovators, including Sir Richard Branson and PayPal founder Peter Thiel.
We’re not a bank. Not even close. In fact, we’re pretty much the opposite.
We are the clever new alternative to banks and brokers, which allows people to transfer money abroad at a lower cost than ever before by disrupting the industry through using only real exchange rates and tiny non-hidden-fees. In a nutshell, we make a real difference in people's lives through removing all the wrongness from money transfers by being fair and transparent.
Our great customers have already moved more than £1bn using the platform - an approach that has put over £45m back in their pockets and which is flipping a gazillion dollar industry on its head.
Life at TransferWise
TransferWise will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your own path to success - you’ll have the freedom to define the vision and the responsibility for making it happen.
- Be flexible in how and where you work, we understand everyone needs a little something different, so we’ll do our best to make it happen.
- Travel to work with our teams in London and Budapest, as well as meet various partners and organizations when needed.
- Inspire teams with your ideas, knowledge and self-starting attitude.
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At TransferWise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
How we work:
At TransferWise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organised in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You’ll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.
Moving to Estonia
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Estonia within 24 hours from accepting the job offer, if your new employer is classified as a startup.
If your new employer is not considered a startup, you can start after a maximum of 10 days from accepting the job offer.
If you hold the passport of a country that requires a visa to enter Estonia, you can move and start working within approximately 4 weeks.