Senior Back-End Software Engineer
Please leave your email to access this job on third-party website
Supported by Work in Estonia
This job posting is a part of Work in Estonia campaign. Apply before September 23rd for an all-expenses paid trip to Estonia, where employers compete to hire and relocate you to the most digitally advanced country in the world. Finalists will be announced in early October!
in Tallinn, Estonia
We are looking for an experienced back-end software engineer to join Taxify’s team at our headquarters in Tallinn. This is once in a lifetime opportunity to work in a massively disrupting urban transportation area. The company is backed by strong investors and top talent, yet it’s small enough for every individual to have a big impact on its future and benefit from a sky-rocketing equity package. Read more about Taxify
- Design and build Taxify's growing back-end systems.
- Code mostly in Node.js (previous experience in Node.js is not a requirement).
- Proactively fix upcoming bugs and solve technical challenges.
- Contribute ideas to our product development roadmap.
- You have experience in Node.js/C++/Java or any OO language.
- You have a university degree in a technical subject (computer science, mathematics or similar).
- You have at least 4 years of experience in software development.
- You are fluent in English and have excellent communication skills.
- You have a solid understanding of algorithms and data structures.
- You have experience with any SQL (Mysql/Postgre).
- Experience with micro-service and distributed systems.
- Interest in real-time and asynchronous systems.
- Familiarity with any cloud systems (AWS, Azure, Google app engine).
Compensation & Benefits
- Good compensation: motivational base pay and company stock options.
- Monthly Taxify credit – for both work and leisure rides.
- Flexible working hours – as long as you get the work done.
- Work in one of the coolest offices in Tallinn, complete with ping-pong table and free snacks/drinks.
- Impactful work – you’ll have a rare opportunity to build a product literally used by millions of people across the world.
- Amazing personal growth experience at one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe.
- No corporate BS - we’re moving too fast for that.
- Work with a motivated and talented international team, plus take part in regular team events.
Taxify is one of the fastest growing startups in the world, with over 10M happy customers in 25+ countries, from Europe to Mexico to Africa. We’re building a ride-hailing app to connect millions of riders and drivers around the world to make travel easier, quicker and more reliable.
Let’s build the future of transportation together!
About Taxify in Tallinn, Estonia
Taxify is a ride-sharing platform operating in Europe, Africa and Australia. It’s backed by strong investors from the world’s biggest ride-sharing company Didi Chuxing and Daimler. So far it has raised 175 million and has reached $1 billion dollar valuation, but we're just getting started - transportation is one of the biggest expenses and we are addressing a market on a trillion dollar market. Taxify is on track to become one of the biggest technology companies in Europe.
Life at Taxify
Our company has over 500 people, with an engineering team of almost 100 and has attracted many top talents from Google, Skype, Uber and Microsoft, just to name a few.
Taxify engineering teams are working on unique product challenges, complex algorithms for demand prediction, optimal real-time pricing, routing, fraud detection, distributed systems and much more. Volumes are growing at a steady pace.
This is once in a lifetime opportunity in a massively disrupting urban transportation area. While Taxify is well-backed by strong investors and top talent, it’s small enough for every individual to have a big impact on its future and as well benefit from a sky-rocketing equity package!
Moving to Estonia
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Estonia within 24 hours from accepting the job offer, if your new employer is classified as a startup.
If your new employer is not considered a startup, you can start after a maximum of 10 days from accepting the job offer.
If you hold the passport of a country that requires a visa to enter Estonia, you can move and start working within approximately 4 weeks.