Full-Stack Web Developer
in Helsinki, Finland
How many companies give a ukulele to everyone they interview in person? Well, Yousician does, so if you were wondering whether it's a fun place to work, that's a pretty big hint. Join them as a web developer to discover the full extent of this team's awesomeness! Read more about Yousician
- Architect and implement public and internal Yousician web pages by working closely with UX, visual artists, marketing, and other development team members
- Implement back-end features
- Solid and strong experience in modern front-end development
- A strong interest in learning/discovering new front-end technologies
- Experience with MVW frameworks (AngularJS), tools (gulp, webpack)
- Experience with back-end technologies (Python, MongoDB).
- Good understanding of building fully responsive and efficient websites (proficiency with existing responsive frameworks a plus)
- Experience interacting with REST APIs
- Experience with Unix environments
- Familiarity with CSS3/SVG animation
- You’ll get a competitive compensation package and work in an awesome new office in the heart of Helsinki. We have lots of perks and quirks: daily push-up sessions, bonuses for sport activities, jam sessions, board game tournaments, sauna evenings, and our famous retreats in Greece, Thailand, and Tenerife.
At Yousician, our job is to reimagine music education so everyone can play. We’ve built an amazing team of creative, passionate and independent people, all working together to help millions of musicians learn, play, reach their goals, and have fun. If this sounds like the right mission for you, you’re in the right place!
Developing the largest and fastest-growing music education app in the world is a real challenge, but very rewarding. In this role, you'll be using the latest web front-end technologies. Over time, you'll have the opportunity to take ownership of front-end development at the company.
Above all, this is a unique opportunity to profoundly impact the lives of hundreds of millions of future musicians worldwide by helping us reimagine the way music education works. You'll work with an amazing group of people in a wide range of fields and have real autonomy in small, efficient teams. You'll face the challenges and reap the rewards of working at a successful and fast-growing company, and you'll have the opportunity to grow your role.
We want Yousician to be the best possible place to work, so we put a lot of effort into building a creative, motivating, and fun environment. Experiments are the name of the game at Yousician: we make systematic decisions, measure outcomes to see what works, and learn from our experience.
Interested? Send us your application and CV (in English). Let's make the world a more musical place together! And remember, everyone who comes to a personal interview at our office gets a ukulele. #rockon
in Helsinki, Finland
Yousician is the largest and fastest-growing music education company in the world, with millions of users worldwide. Based in Helsinki, Finland, Yousician develops high-tech interactive software for learning guitar, piano, bass, and ukulele. Yousician provides real-time feedback on how you’re playing, combining the addictive features of computer games with songs and exercises to make the learning process easy, fun and motivating.
Yousician also develops the world's #1 guitar tuner app Guitar Tuna (iOS, Android, WP) and has won numerous international business awards including WIRED’s hottest Finnish startup, SXSW, Midem, Launch.edu, and educational awards such as Sunday Times 'World's best apps' and Best European Learning Game. We're hiring, so come join an amazing team and help us make the world a more musical place! For those joining us from abroad, we'll sponsor the necessary visas and permits.