Please leave your email to access this job on third-party website
in Tallinn, Estonia
Team Jobbatical is looking for an inquisitive and innovative full-stack developer. Join our team in Tallinn! Read more about Jobbatical
- Participate in our product development from ideation to deployment and beyond.
- Create groundbreaking new features for our talent and business customers, and for internal use.
- Work with our data team to make our product smarter and more intuitive to use.
- Maintain and help optimize existing systems.
- You are proficient in PostgreSQL, React, Node.js, Kubernetes, RabbitMQ and Docker
- You are able to reason and discuss architectural patterns in software.
- Experience in scaling up web applications to handle international users.
- You know your way around modern web technologies, HTML and CSS.
- Experienced in developing responsive websites.
- You feel at home working in a test-driven, agile team that delivers daily.
- You know your limits and how to work on a deadline.
- You communicate well in English and love working in an international environment (English is our working language, and we have people in a number of different time zones).
- You are a problem-solver with an inquisitive and innovative mind.
- You share our passion for reshaping the future of work.
- Experience with messaging technologies, container scheduling, continuous deployment, and centralized monitoring.
- Experience in AWS.
Compensation & Benefits
- You'll receive a locally competitive salary and equity options.
- As part of your relocation package, we'll cover your international travel costs, sponsor your visa/work permit, and take care of your accommodation for the first month.
- Your health insurance will be covered.
- We have a fun, flexible work environment where everyone has enough space (both literal and metaphorical) to do their best work. We'll also provide the hardware you need.
- Your perks will include a monthly allowance for Uber, sports, and books. Our kitchen is always stocked with drinks and snacks, and we brew our own kombucha. His name is Bob.
The team: A close-knit group of nerds eager to help you fit in. We love what we're doing, and we also love a good laugh.
The role: A fantastic opportunity to build and perfect a platform poised to change the world of work as we know it.
The location: Tallinn, Estonia, where we work from a cool and comfy office space in the trendy Kalamaja area. We're a fun bunch and we enjoy each other's company. Sometimes we even hang out voluntarily after hours! If you'd like to learn more about the kind of stuff we get up to around here, you can skim through our team blog: blog.jobbatical.com/tagged/jobbatical
About Jobbatical in Tallinn, Estonia
At Jobbatical, we think beyond borders and help the world work together.
Our international job platform connects globally minded companies with ready-to-relocate tech, business and creative talent—people like you. We believe in a fully connected world where your career success is decided by your skill and ambition, not your birthplace.
Our goal is to encourage employers to set aside cultural biases and hire the people with the best skills for the job, and we take our own advice: we don’t discriminate based on nationality, gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or anything else that has nothing to do with the role you'll be filling.
Founded in 2014 by three Estonians, we’ve since grown into a global team of 35+ aspiring world-changers from 16+ nationalities.
Life at Jobbatical
These are the values that guide us:
Start with why. We don’t do things for the sake of having something to do. Keeping the “why” of our actions in mind helps us stay focused on the things that matter.
Don’t wait to be asked. (Make it happen.) We’re not here to sit around and wait for orders. We have ideas and bring them to life.
Go beyond yourself. Comfort zones are great. We love waving at them as we leave them behind.
Choose difficult truths over comforting lies. Saying yes to everything is easy. But many of the most fruitful and necessary conversations are uncomfortable.
Be bold, stay humble. We’re not afraid to take risks and make mistakes to build what we believe in. And we know the world doesn’t owe us anything.
Moving to Estonia
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Estonia within 24 hours from accepting the job offer, if your new employer is classified as a startup.
If your new employer is not considered a startup, you can start after a maximum of 10 days from accepting the job offer.
If you hold the passport of a country that requires a visa to enter Estonia, you can move and start working within approximately 4 weeks.