Senior Unity Game Programmer
in Helsinki, Finland
Yousician's job is to reimagine music education so everyone can play. Want to help make the world a more musical place? Join them in beautiful Finland as a Unity game programmer! Read more about Yousician
- Work in a small team, taking ownership of major parts of the product.
- Work on our flagship app, developing new features and user interfaces.
- Take part in product design meetings.
- Interact with visual artists and the music team.
- You have built several apps in Unity.
- You know C# inside out.
- You are experienced in building user interfaces using Unity UI.
- You have developed products available on multiple platforms (especially Android and iOS).
- You are experienced in working with Git and web APIs.
- You learn fast, work independently and get things done.
- You have basic knowledge of playing at least one instrument.
- Young, ambitious hackers are very welcome.
- You’ll get a competitive compensation package and work in an awesome new office in the heart of Helsinki. We have lots of perks and quirks: daily push-up sessions, bonuses for sport activities, jam sessions, board game tournaments, sauna evenings, and our famous retreats in Greece, Thailand, and Tenerife.
We’ve built an amazing team of creative, passionate, and independent people, all working together to help millions of musicians learn, play, reach their goals, and have fun. If this sounds like the right mission for you, you’re in the right place!
Developing the largest and fastest-growing music education app in the world is a real challenge, but very rewarding. You’ll be focusing on developing the core functionality of Yousician, working alongside other developers, as well as designers, educators, audio scientists, and more.
Above all, this is a unique opportunity to profoundly impact the lives of hundreds of millions of future musicians worldwide by helping us reimagine the way music education works. You'll work with an amazing group of people in a wide range of fields and have real autonomy in small, efficient teams. You'll face the challenges and reap the rewards of working at a successful and fast-growing company, and you'll have the opportunity to grow your role.
We want Yousician to be the best possible place to work, so we put a lot of effort into building a creative, motivating, and fun environment. Experiments are the name of the game at Yousician: we make systematic decisions, measure outcomes to see what works, and learn from our experience.
Interested? Send us your application and CV (in English). Let's make the world a more musical place together! And remember, everyone who comes to a personal interview at our office gets a ukulele. #rockon
Application deadline: For some positions we are very specifically looking for one person and close the opening after we hired the right person. However, for other positions such as this one, we are continuously looking for people to join us. Therefore, for this position there is no application deadline and we keep hiring candidates we find to be a great match.
About Yousician in Helsinki, Finland
Yousician is the largest and fastest-growing music education company in the world, with millions of users worldwide. Based in Helsinki, Finland, Yousician develops high-tech interactive software for learning guitar, piano, bass, and ukulele. Yousician provides real-time feedback on how you’re playing, combining the addictive features of computer games with songs and exercises to make the learning process easy, fun and motivating.
Yousician also develops the world's #1 guitar tuner app Guitar Tuna (iOS, Android, WP) and has won numerous international business awards including WIRED’s hottest Finnish startup, SXSW, Midem, Launch.edu, and educational awards such as Sunday Times 'World's best apps' and Best European Learning Game. We're hiring, so come join an amazing team and help us make the world a more musical place! For those joining us from abroad, we'll sponsor the necessary visas and permits.