Supported by Work in Estonia
This job posting is a part of Work in Estonia campaign. Apply before September 23rd for an all-expenses paid trip to Estonia, where employers compete to hire and relocate you to the most digitally advanced country in the world. Finalists will be announced in early October!
in Tallinn, Estonia
If you're looking for a friendly and flexible work environment where you're in charge of balancing freedom and responsibility, Veriff is the place for you. As a brilliant new data scientist on our international team, the work you do with data will help prevent fraud and create the new worldwide standard for building up trust on the internet. Read more about Veriff
- Analyze data to find patterns about fraud and identity theft.
- Follow scientific progress in the fields of data analysis and machine learning, and apply suitable research to everyday life.
- Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Create automated anomaly detection systems and constantly track their performance.
- MSc or PhD in a mathematical subject.
- Programming skills in general.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab.
- Data-oriented personality.
- Machine vision experience is a plus.
Compensation & Benefits
- You'll get a motivating salary, additional holidays, team events, compensation of sport expenses, and stock options.
- You'll get a relocation package equivalent to one month's salary, and it's up to you to decide how to use it.
If you feel that you would like to meet new challenges at a fast-growing startup and want to be part of a team that values your dreams and goals, we are looking forward to hearing from you!
About Veriff in Tallinn, Estonia
There's a new Veriff in town with a secure and hassle-free online identity verification solution that allows you to verify your identity without leaving your seat. Our innovative solution revolutionizes the way we use financial and other services.
Veriff is online identity verification with superpowers. Whether you’re offering your home to rent, hailing a taxi driver or buying something online – the people you trust with your home, safety, or property can be Veriffed by various platforms safely and seamlessly in seconds. Veriff’s customers include financial enterprises, marketplaces, sharing economy companies and e-commerce sites around the globe.
Our team consists of people who have built up Skype, TransferWise, Starship Technologies and Pipedrive. We're backed by investors of Instacart, Stripe, Airbnb, Slack, Dropbox, Snapchat and many other well-known companies.
Life at Veriff
We have always and will always take care of our staff, providing everybody with the perks that make it worthwhile to stay with Veriff. You’re exposed to the amazing people, great problem-solvers, and a culture that allows you to develop your career.
It goes without saying that everything we offer is in order to help you keep your focus on building the next worldwide identity gateway: a motivating salary, additional holidays, team events, compensation of sport expenses, and stock options.
We have a strong international team with people from all parts of the world. As our customers are global, internationalism and diversity in ideas and people is very important.
Moving to Estonia
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Estonia within 24 hours from accepting the job offer, if your new employer is classified as a startup.
If your new employer is not considered a startup, you can start after a maximum of 10 days from accepting the job offer.
If you hold the passport of a country that requires a visa to enter Estonia, you can move and start working within approximately 4 weeks.