Software Engineer, Mobile
Please leave your email to access this job on third-party website
Bending Spoons offers visa sponsorship
Bending Spoons will arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate and cover the associated costs.
in Milan, Italy
Join our team of star engineers to bring our apps, which count tens of millions of users already, to the next level. Learn from the best and make a difference as we strive to become the undisputed champions of the world at what we do. Read more about Bending Spoons
- Participate in and contribute to product development and product roadmap planning. We commend taking a proactive role on and ownership of the products you work on.
- Help define the software architecture of new apps or that of new features for existing apps, and then develop them. The work spans broadly from engineering and coding features to polishing world-class user interfaces.
- Constantly improve the quality of our products by fixing bugs and refactoring the code base where necessary.
- Expand our set of libraries as needed to make yourself as well as other engineers more efficient and effective.
- Stay informed on new mobile technologies and test the promising ones to make sure we don’t miss out on game-changing opportunities to boost our productivity and the enjoyment of our work.
- Passion for the topic. You have a long-standing, proven passion for writing software. It’s a big plus if you have a demonstrated interest in developing mobile apps.
- Reasoning and depth of learning. You’re structured and creative enough to solve most challenging problems independently, given the necessary knowledge. You learn new concepts and skills rapidly, and look to understand stuff truly in depth.
- Drive. You’re energetic, hard-working, and persevere through adversity until the job is done, and done well. You get turned on by getting results, and always aim for excellence in what you do.
- Pragmatism. Far from being too academic or obsessive in your perfectionism, you understand that, when getting things done in a competitive world, speed is often as important as quality.
- Curiosity and initiative. You love exploring and you’re entrepreneurial in seeking out new opportunities and testing new ideas of your own accord. You don’t just wait to be told what to do all the time.
- A knack for UX. You care to develop quality user experiences, and tend to notice the details that make a difference.
- Diligence, organization. You can blindly be entrusted with big responsibilities as well as small, more menial tasks.
- Humbleness. You’re down to earth, eager to listen to people’s feedback and constructive criticism, and ready to get your hands dirty with whatever the team needs to succeed.
- Proficient in English. You read and write proficiently, and speak at a conversational level in English.
Compensation & Benefits
- Your compensation and benefits will be generous, top of market, and moreover can grow very rapidly and include stock options, depending on your performance. Breakfast, lunch, and snacks are paid-for, when you work from the office. You’ll receive the latest Mac, iPhone, and wireless noise-cancelling Bose headset.
- It’s fine if you prefer to work remotely sometimes. We offer substantial support for relocation, including finding an apartment in Milan and paying the rent for twelve weeks.
- Fun, young environment. We have near-zero hierarchy and a very relaxed workplace. Also, we’re 28 years old on average and often hang out together, so you might actually end up making new friends!
- Own products. We don’t work for clients, but only develop our own apps. Freed from politics, we can move fast and be daring.
- International reach. Our audience is wildly international. Our company language is English. We’re a global reality.
- Talented, knowledgeable colleagues. You’ll get the chance to learn (and teach to!) some of the brightest and most skilled people you’ll ever meet. Your talent is going to blossom here.
- Huge impact. You’ll be working on products used by millions of people all around the world. The quality of your work will make a decisive difference both to the users and to Bending Spoons.
- Cool tech stack. We strive to use the best, most modern tools and technologies, and when they fall short of our expectations we invent our own. It’s a geek’s paradise.
- Top-notch office. Our office is amazing! We designed it ourselves and it goes beyond excellent functionality by offering all sorts of amenities, such as foosball tables and gaming consoles.
We’re aiming to become the #1 in the world at developing and publishing mobile apps. How could software engineering not be at the very core of this enormously ambitious mission? Already serving tens of millions of users and adding hundreds of thousands every day, we rely on our exceptional engineers to keep raising the bar in terms of code quality, speed of execution, and especially user experience. With bigger and bigger frontiers to conquer, we’re looking for a passionate, bright, and driven software engineer that’s eager to bring our apps to the next level.
About Bending Spoons in Milan, Italy
Bending Spoons is the 1st iOS app developer in Europe (games excluded). We design, develop, and market mobile apps used by millions of people all over the world. 20+ apps, 160+ million downloads, 270,000 new users per day are the accomplishments of our international, 80-strong team, achieved without resorting to external funding.
On top of our innovative strategy, our most important competitive advantage is our people. It’s precisely with the idea of putting together an elite team that we moved the company from Copenhagen to Milan, Italy’s startup capital and a great talent pool. Our bet paid off.
Our team is the result of an obsessive selection, made of 15,000+ applications screened, thousands of tests evaluated, and hundreds of interviews carried out. The majority of people at Bending Spoons graduated at the top of their class from demanding universities, and held positions in companies such as Google, Apple, McKinsey or research institutions like CERN. Some of the best software engineers, data scientists, online marketers, and designers in Italy, and even in Europe, work here.
We’ve accomplished a lot so far, but we have much bigger ambitions. Our goal is to become the undisputed number one app publishing company in the world in the next few years, and one of the best tech companies ever.