Piktochart offers visa sponsorship
Piktochart will arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate and cover the associated costs.
in Penang, Malaysia
Are you ready to learn all about Piktochart's users—their needs and frustrations and what makes them happy? Join the team in picturesque Penang as a UX researcher! Read more about Piktochart
- Frequently interview Piktochart users (via phone/Skype/face-to-face) to identify qualitative key aspects that create great user experience for users.
- Collect qualitative and quantitative data about user behavior through methods like targeted surveys.
- Understand the mental model of Piktochart users and their journey of interaction with the product.
- Define Piktochart’s user persona and the Jobs to Be Done.
- Work closely with data scientists, UI/UX and product teams to offer insightful guidelines focused on user experience when building new features.
- Analyze how other interfaces perform with focus and persistence in identifying potential solutions for existing problems faced by Piktochart users (being constantly familiar with how the app functions and how users interact with our tool is vital here).
- Create effective user flow and wireframes that solve problems faced by users, and propose changes or new ideas to designers and developers.
- You have at least 3 years of experience in the UX field.
- You have a firm grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
- You're creative in coming up with ways to collect data and proficient in analyzing the data that has been collected.
- You're an excellent communicator in speech and in writing.
- Passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation, you can showcase your knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- You're data-driven and make decisions based on methods of “Test, Build, Measure” and repeat.
- You can translate user findings into design suggestions and articulate the values well.
- You adapt well to new team formations as UX researchers often rotate amongst project teams to identify best experience solutions for each feature and goal.
- Bold like a superhero, you don't shy away from spending most of your time on phone/video calls with users.
- You have a strong dose of curiosity and eagerness to know the whys.
- You stand up again and again after failure and rejection—being a researcher often means striving hard to get volunteers for tests, not receiving expected results, or working on ideas that end up not performing up to par. At Piktochart, we strive to innovate every day, and failure only helps us move forward!
- Apply and let's discuss your salary and benefits package!
- If you are relocating from abroad, we will arrange your working visa.
- We offer a relocation package to help you settle in your new home.
One of the company values we uphold at Piktochart is being user-focused, and we talk to our users often to understand their pain points, as well as what makes them happy or frustrated. Our UX researchers do this the most and are passionate about getting to know users and creating the best experience for them. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
This is a full-time role based in Penang, Malaysia, and we're not offering remote working.
About Piktochart in Malaysia
The close-knit team behind Piktochart brings you a web application that empowers people who cannot design to create visual content. Some of our users include educators from Harvard, product managers at Google, Starwood Hotels, PWC and many non-profit organizations, freelancers and entrepreneurs. They use Piktochart based on our ability to help them design a compelling story. Piktochart started out with our faith and family as our foundation. We love what we do and our users, and constantly try to get better at our craft!
Life at Piktochart
Our 15,000 sq ft office is equipped with a fully stocked pantry, 6 brainjuice rooms, foosball table, electronic dart and much more. We're a small company, but we provide great benefits: health insurance, a Macbook Air/Pro, lots of fun activities like laser tag, catered meals, annual retreats at exotic places (Seoul, Melbourne & Maldives), etc.
Moving to Malaysia
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Malaysia within approximately 4 weeks after submitting your application. If you need a visa to enter Malaysia, the visa processing time will be added to that.