in Prague, Czechia
- Write high-quality code, following our guidelines and best practices
- Take part in system design sessions, working closely with our product and design teams based in New York
- Take part in code reviews
- Work with our QA team to assist in defining and executing unit tests and system test and UAT/release support as needed
- Help mentor/assist product, developer and QA colleagues in best practices
- Think outside the box to devise ways to improve our systems
- Work closely across technology teams, taking requirements and design documentation as input, clarifying requirements as necessary to critique solutions and being proactive in how you approach your tasks
- Participate in the Agile development methodology, including stand-up meetings as needed
- Help define metrics for Pond5 that are useful and practical and look at how we can iteratively improve what we do
- Assist with the resolution of day-to-day issues and queries relating to technology
- You have knowledge of web frameworks and tools such as Symfony, Laravel, or other MVC frameworks.
- You have at least a bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline.
- Experience in Solr or similar search technologies is a plus.
- In addition to strong PHP skills, you have experience with some/all of our technology stack (HTML/CSS, Python, Postgres, Go) and can quickly bring yourself up to speed on what you don't know.
- You have thorough hands-on experience helping build world-class e-commerce solutions for high volume transactional platforms.
- You have thorough knowledge of the SDLC and how to interact with technical and non-technical staff.
- You're a highly motivated self-starter with strong people skills.
- You're comfortable engaging with senior management and able to explain ideas.
- You are committed to delivering excellent quality code.
- You have experience with some/all of our tools (JIRA, bitbucket, Jenkins, PhpStorm, Google Apps, Invision).
- You have experience working in an agile development environment with a geographically dispersed development team.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You have a strong understanding of product life-cycle and deliverables.
- You're able to work on your own initiative, prioritise, and meet deadlines.
- You have excellent attention to detail and are persistent in getting things done right.
- Highly organised and flexible, you work well in collaboration with a dynamic team.
- You are eligible to work in the Czech Republic.
- Competitive compensation
- Free public transportation
- Daily office lunches
- Equipment needed for work
- Multisport card (discount for partners as well)
- English lessons
- Fresh fruit, snacks and drinks
Pond5 is the world’s most vibrant marketplace for creativity. We operate the world’s largest collection of royalty free footage and other media assets, with over 60,000 contributors in over 150 countries. Because of the massive demand for our collection and overall growth in the video market, we are looking to add more world-class talent to our team. If you’re passionate about solving complex problems in a fast-moving environment, you’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for talented and energetic individuals to join us to help us shape the future of multimedia.
You strive for excellence and are a continuous learner and a natural collaborator. You're excited to join our Prague office and help take our business to the next level. Does that sound like you? If you have the technical chops to contribute and the stamina to keep up with our rapid-growth high-volume pace, we want to hear from you.
All candidates may be asked to undergo a practical code tech test to demonstrate abilities. Occasional travel may be required to our Dublin office, but this role is based in our Prague office.
About Pond5 in Dublin, Ireland
Pond5 is transforming the role of video in the creative process by connecting media buyers to more than 40,000 artists in over 150 countries. The company strives to improve creative production through its innovative artist technology, easy-to-use platform, and ever-growing library of more than 7 million royalty-free video clips, plus millions of photos, music, sound effects, and other leading-edge media. Pond5 is a venture-backed company funded by Accel Partners and Stripes Group, with offices located in New York, Dublin, and Prague.