Senior C#/.NET Developer
Please leave your email to access this job on third-party website
Supported by Work in Estonia
This job posting is a part of Work in Estonia campaign. Apply before September 23rd for an all-expenses paid trip to Estonia, where employers compete to hire and relocate you to the most digitally advanced country in the world. Finalists will be announced in early October!
in Tallinn, Estonia
As a C#/.NET developer at Helmes, you will work with big and small-scale projects and challenge your skills using the latest technologies. This is the place for you if you're a talented team player who would like to work in an international environment. Read more about Helmes
- Researching and choosing optimal technologies and interoperability (platforms, components, frameworks, databases)
- Analysing and defining non-functional requirements (security, availability, scalability, maintainability, extensibility, reliability, auditing and logging, testability etc.)
- Designing architecture, system and integrations
- Communicating and clarifying the architectural requirements, solutions and decisions to the development team, partners and the client
- Being responsible for technical solution and release quality
- Following agile and lean methodologies in development
- 4+ years of experience in .NET C# web development using relational databases
- Respect for testing (unit, service, integration), test automation
- Interest or experience in cloud technologies and hybrid mobile frameworks
- Quick learning capabilities, strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- Excellent English, both written and spoken
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Proactive, confident, constructive and rational attitude
Compensation & Benefits
- Holiday pay based on years of service: one extra day of holiday starting from the second year, up to five days in total.
- Compensation of costs of participating in recreational sports activities in the Helmes teams.
- Health care support of up to 100 euros per calendar year, to reimburse costs of seeing a specialist doctor, psychotherapist, masseuse or physiotherapist (except dentist).
- Up to 30 euros per calendar month to reimburse sports club, massage, swimming-pool and other similar rehabilitation costs incurred by employees working with computers.
- In addition to a motivating salary commensurate with your skills and experience, we offer bonuses based on the results of individual teams (team-based distribution of profits).
- We will cover your flights and help with anything else your relocation entails (finding accommodation, work for your spouse, etc.)
- Awesomely equipped cosy offices with showers, a sauna, a sleep pod, a library, and much more.
- Mentoring, support and personal development plan to reach your maximum potential.
This is a job for someone looking for interesting C# and .NET development work full of challenges and learning. Our team uses well-executed agile work methods and mature processes.
Helmes is the perfect employer for you if you are interested in working with helpful and supportive people. For you, taking responsibility and being independent is a part of your personal development plan. You enjoy communicating with your colleagues and clients. You are ready to share your ideas and think with the client to make their business more valuable.
About Helmes in Tallinn, Estonia
The story of Helmes begins in 1991 with two aspiring engineers and their will to do business. Today, after 20 years, we still describe ourselves as entrepreneurial engineers who understand business and have an eye for opportunities.
Helmes is an international software house with headquarters in Tallinn, clients across all Europe, and development centres in Estonia and Belarus. Our clients are leading telecom operators, banks and insurance companies, logistics corporations and government institutions. Our partners trust us with the design, development and maintenance of their most business-critical software solutions and the most complex system integration projects.
At Helmes things are done on purpose. We share useful ideas and create an environment of inspired development. Armed with an innovative and entrepreneurial mindset, we create solutions to be proud of.
The motto of Helmes is to create world-class systems, help our clients to improve self-service, and make the many different systems communicate with each other. Our main advantage in comparison with others in our field lies in having a better understanding of the business needs of the clients and being able to build and operate a system that meets the needs of each and every one of them.
One of our most important visions is to become recognised in the market as the best supporter of personal development and creator of an inspiring working environment for top software experts. The Helmes organisational model is based on the principle of partnership, i.e. all teams, key persons and external subcontractors alike participate in the distribution of the unit’s profits.
Being result-oriented is what keeps us and our partners in the top league. Being caring is the foundation of our business – we look after each other and our partners. Courage helps us fly high and achieve our own and our clients’ goals.
Life at Helmes
We are active, agile and effective. However, in addition to being smart, result-oriented and caring, our people should also have courage. The courage to propose solutions and express their opinion, the courage to ask for advice and to be enterprising, and the courage to be honest.
When you come to Helmes, you’ll become a member of a team that develops and creates interesting, exciting and challenging IT solutions every day and takes pride in doing so.
The working culture of Helmes favours enterprising and innovative colleagues. The chance of learning from the best in the field has attracted many a good and dynamic specialist to Helmes!
Moving to Estonia
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Estonia within 24 hours from accepting the job offer, if your new employer is classified as a startup.
If your new employer is not considered a startup, you can start after a maximum of 10 days from accepting the job offer.
If you hold the passport of a country that requires a visa to enter Estonia, you can move and start working within approximately 4 weeks.