in Tallinn, Estonia
Do you like digitally advanced societies and medieval architecture? Charming seaside cities and lush greenery? Then you'll love Tallinn, Estonia's smart little capital. And if you also happen to be a skilled and seriously enthusiastic developer, you'll particularly like this job at MYJAR. Read more about MYJAR
- Code user stories
- Code automated tests (on unit, integration, and system level)
- Investigate and fix bugs and issues
- Create architectural designs
- Document solutions and requirements
- Maintain development environments and tools
- Own implementation quality and technical debt
- Share technical knowledge and experience with team members
- Participate as a team member in a cross-functional team
- Participate in work planning
- Help with manual functional and non-functional testing if needed
- Execute manual and automated regression tests
- Perform test result analysis
- Focus on output and quality in-depth knowledge of object-oriented programming
- Experience with multiple scripting languages such as PHP, Java, Python, Perl, Bash
- Experience working with UNIX/Linux environments, SSH/SCP and version control systems (Git)
- Strong knowledge of PHP, SQL, and relational database structures/functions
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and technical troubleshooting skills
- Experience building highly scalable distributed systems
- Knowledge of Agile development or an eagerness to learn
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills to solve technical problems
- Ideally, a BS or MS degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent years of experience
- Fluent spoken and written English
- You will receive a competitive salary and benefits package.
- You'll get all the equipment and training you'll need to do your best work.
- You'll be welcome to contribute your ideas to improving the company.
- Your perks will also include Estonian language courses, extra vacation days for special life events, and parking discounts.
- We're proud of the fun, friendly, and comfortable work environment we've created. We celebrate work anniversaries and birthdays, have a recreation room, and arrange many great team events.
- We do everything in our power to promote a healthy lifestyle: You'll benefit from sporting and medical benefits, counselling when you need it, a masseur in the office, healthy snacks in the kitchen, and regular health check-ups.
Reliability, correctness, responsibility, self-control—these are the qualities we look for in our coworkers. You should be a good communicator and eager to work without precise instructions. Always brimming with confidence and ready to take initiative, you are the teammate of anyone's dreams. To top it all off, you're a true front-end aficionado with endless amounts of enthusiasm for what you do.
Does that sound about right? Then send us your application! Now's an exciting time to join our team. We're building new platforms, hiring quicker than ever, and attracting more and more customers who love our ethical and responsible approach.
About MYJAR in Tallinn, Estonia
MYJAR is a new kind of financial services company, designed for today’s customers. We help people manage their finances by providing responsible short-term loans to reliable borrowers.
Our business began in 2008 and since our inception, we have provided loans with a value of GBP 350M in the UK. Following authorisation by the Financial Conduct Authority, MYJAR is growing very quickly and needs a talented team of specialists to achieve our ambitious goals.
If you are interested in building your career with a dynamic innovative team and strong international investors, this is the right place for you. At MYJAR we work a little differently from other financial service companies. We are committed to providing small amounts of credit responsibly to reliable customers. We treat our customers with respect and appreciate that we exist because of them. We are currently a business of 200 people and operate from offices in the City of London, Jersey, and run a technology, development and customer service center in the vibrant city of Tallinn.
Life at MYJAR
Want to know more about life at MYJAR? You can read more about us on the Jobbatical blog bit.ly/2prowe8
Moving to Estonia
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Estonia within 24 hours from accepting the job offer, if your new employer is classified as a startup.
If your new employer is not considered a startup, you can start after a maximum of 10 days from accepting the job offer.
If you hold the passport of a country that requires a visa to enter Estonia, you can move and start working within approximately 4 weeks.