Monese offers visa sponsorship
This job listing is a part of the Career Hunt 2019 campaign. Career Hunt rockets your IT-career straight to the Nordic tech-hub – Estonia. Apply, because the TOP 25 candidates around the world will be flown to Estonia for a tech-tour, given the chance to meet the biggest IT-wonders and get VIP-shortcuts for job interviews in selected companies! Read more at careerhunt.eu
in Tallinn, Estonia
In joining Monese's award winning team as an Android developer, you will be participating in driving our already successful banking service to new heights. You will be a member of a seasoned, cross-functional team of developers, analysts, designers and growth hackers who will partner with you in crafting the next-generation of mobile banking features for Monese's mobile apps on Android. Read more about Monese
- Turn product requirements in to clean, maintainable code.
- Work with other developers in the team to ensure that all code written is of a high standard.
- Work closely with other members of the product team including product owners, designers and QAs.
- Keep up-to-date with developments on the Android platform and how we can integrate those to improve the product.
- At least 3 years of commercial experience as an Android Developer.
- Experience with Kotlin, rxJava and MVVM.
- You have worked in an Agile environment, as well as with Android Studio.
- You know how to use Jira, Bitbucket and Github in a collaborative environment.
- You are experienced in maintaining and releasing commercial apps in Google Play.
- You have experience working with third party SDKs, libraries and analytics tools.
- You have strong networking experience - integrating with Restful Json APIs.
- Degree in computer science or a related technical field.
- Fluent in English.
Compensation & Benefits
- Share options and a competitive salary.
- Flexible working schedule and the possibility to work from home from time to time.
- Many fun team events, office parties and summer 'weekend-getaway' to spend some quality time with your colleagues.
- Opportunities to travel between our offices and meet other teams as well.
- Work with an international team of open-minded people in a nice office environment with plenty of perks, snacks and drinks.
- Ample opportunity to develop your career within Monese, as you will be an important part of a fast-growing company.
- A horizontal structure where everyone has a voice and makes a direct and valued contribution to building the best product possible.
- Additional week of vacation.
- In- and outdoors Moneser's sports activities.
About Monese in Tallinn, Estonia
When Monese founder Norris Koppel first moved to the UK from Estonia, he faced a frustrating experience that is all too common. With no UK credit history or utility bills proving his address, he was immediately denied a bank account. Without one, he found it near impossible to receive his salary or rent an apartment.
From his painful experience, Monese was born - a banking service that was inclusive, instant and on-demand. Monese launched in September 2015 as the first 100% mobile current account in the UK.
Today, people from all over Europe can open a UK current account in minutes, free from the hidden fees and restrictions that legacy banks impose.
Not only did we want to make opening and using an account as easy as ordering an Uber, we also wanted to ensure it was accessible to everyone and not just a select few with perfect credit scores and several month’s worth of utility bill documentation.
Fast forward to the present day and we have opened tens of thousands of mobile only, on-demand current accounts for customers all over the UK and the wider EU, we’ve been officially named ‘Best Challenger-Bank' in Europe and have even been awarded €1.1 million by the European Commission for research and innovation!
We're also incredibly proud that the product we’ve created is improving the lives of so many customers that legacy banks fail to serve.
In September 2018, Monese secured $60 million in Series B Funding to support product development and international expansion. This funding round was led by Kinnevik, a global investor focused on digital businesses, with participation from PayPal, European investor Augmentum Fintech and International Airlines Group for its loyalty and data business Avios Group Ltd. Existing investors, including Investec’s INVC Fund, also participated.
With soon a million sign-ups, 75% of incoming funds being from salary payments, and a 9.2/10 TrustPilot score, Monese is one of the most popular and trusted banking services in the UK and Europe. Around 3,000 people sign up to Moneses daily and customers are moving over $3 billion each year through their Monese accounts.
Monese employs over 200 people across its offices in London, Tallinn, Lisbon and Berlin.
Life at Monese
Founded on a range of values that we work to breathe into our product and our office culture - fairness, inclusivity, creative collaboration - we're looking for like-minded individuals to help us grow.
By working with us, you will be part of a carefully selected team who are great at what they do and share the belief in our mission of making banking available to everybody.
Moving to Estonia
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Estonia within 24 hours from accepting the job offer, if your new employer is classified as a startup.
If your new employer is not considered a startup, you can start after a maximum of 10 days from accepting the job offer.
If you hold the passport of a country that requires a visa to enter Estonia, you can move and start working within approximately 4 weeks.