Distinguished Cloud Engineer
Please leave your email to access this job on third-party website
GovTech offers visa sponsorship
GovTech will arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate and cover the associated costs.
Distinguished engineers are recognized as experts in one or more domains within GovTech and across the industry. They represent the senior technical experts within the organization and have a strong track record of growing and influencing others. As a distinguished engineer, you will be responsible helping to shape the go-forward direction of the organization. Read more about GovTech
- Be responsible for the architecture, design, and implementation of cloud products, including product definition and road map.
- Develop distributed cloud-native software platforms to orchestrate and automate hybrid cloud infrastructure.
- Analyse and solve complex engineering problems, and translating architecture into implementation.
- Be the bridge between engineering and product line management and translate market requirements into product definitions.
- Educate the team on new technological advances and work alongside them to produce proof of concepts.
- Direct and oversee long term research projects, along with short-term production-driven model iterations.
- Provide an expert perspective and help shape GovTech’s related strategy and initiatives.
- Be the technical ambassador for the organization and demonstrate field of expertise by writing internal blogs or publish white papers.
- You have a PhD in engineering or a related field and 12 years of experience in corporate or academic research; alternatively, you have a master’s degree in the above-mentioned fields and 16 years of experience in research and development or a bachelor’s degree and 20 years’ experience.
- You have strong knowledge and experience with cloud computing infrastructure, application development platforms and popular programming languages.
- You have 10–15 years’ experience in IT infrastructure and/ or software development, with special emphasis in areas of Compute, Storage, Databases, Networking, Application Services, Big Data and distributed computing.
- You have practical experience in cloud computing architecture work, systems or application design, development or operations.
- You have past experience on Cloud Computing platforms (AWS, Azure, Google).
- You are a company-recognized expert in one or more technical areas.
- You have made compelling contributions to a technology area through new technology developments and research.
- You have proven technical leadership.
- You are a key influencer in new product or service development and have demonstrated experience launching in collaboration with a business or partner.
- You have proven expertise developing complex systems from architecture to implementation.
- Want to develop big systems, has great ideas
Compensation & Benefits
- Apply and let's discuss your salary and benefits.
Distinguished engineers will connect teams to one another in a spirit of collaboration and will champion opportunities to make teams more efficient. You'll work with senior leaders, vendors, and partners to influence technology roadmaps and the adoption of new technologies across the enterprise. In addition, you will teach, mentor, and grow other domain experts within the organization.
About GovTech in Singapore
Singapore is embarking on a journey to become a Smart Nation, with the aim of harnessing technology and data to improve the lives of citizens. This programme aims to appoint top engineering and technology professionals to undertake a short stint of three to six months with Singapore government’s technology agency to co-create digital or engineering solutions for public good.
Life at GovTech
At GovTech, we use technology to improve the lives of everyday Singaporeans. We need a special group of people who share the same passion, ambition and courage to help us do it. Individuals who value diverse views and ideas, and actively solve problems through creating new and innovative solutions.
Join a workplace that empowers you to learn, grow and excel professionally in an agile, bold and collaborative environment. You will gain invaluable experience, and adopt a multi-disciplinary approach developing innovative solutions for citizens and businesses.
Moving to Singapore
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can get your employment pass as soon as within 7 days of arrival to Singapore, or a maximum of 31 days. If you require a visa to enter Singapore, allow for an added time of approximately 2 weeks for visa processing.