Back-End Software Engineer (Payments)
Uber offers visa sponsorship
Uber will arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate and cover the associated costs.
in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Uber's payments team is based in Amsterdam, at the heart of our international engineering efforts. As a member of our team, you will dig into the complex but rewarding world of money, and work to enhance the platform with third-party payment integrations. Read more about Uber
- Take a full-stack approach—each integration is unique and often requires a back-end, mobile and web component; you will be part of a cross-functional team that is developing the overall experience and architecture.
- Despite being based in Amsterdam, we work on integration for the overall Uber platform; those integrations include Alipay (300M users in China) and Paypal (173M users) and our systems support the entirety of Uber's rider payments platform worldwide.
- Our solutions support Uber's always-on marketplace and maintaining this platform at scale requires constant investment in security, reliability and monitoring tooling.
- Innovate—we create platforms: payments are a central initiative for Uber, and we are constantly innovating in this field.
- You have intimate knowledge of the entire web stack and how each piece impacts performance and reliability.
- You have advanced knowledge of at least one programming language, and of OOP patterns.
- You have a commitment to quality, performance, and efficiency.
- You have experience in taking ownership.
- You have design and business insight.
- Experience with our technologies (Python, Go, Node, Kafka, Redis, etc.).
- Full-stack development experience, including backend API design and applications development.
- Experience working in systems handling high volume financial transactions.
- An open source profile (such as Github) with some interesting projects.
- Apply and let's discuss your salary and benefits.
We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer. And that’s just what we’re doing today.
We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About Uber in San Francisco, United States
We believe that by solving some of the biggest problems of our time, we can create a future where there is limitless freedom of movement for people and things all across the world. Just talk to our people — and feel their passion, optimism and curiosity for building solutions every single day on behalf of drivers, riders, couriers, eaters and employees.
While the tough problems we face everyday can be incredibly difficult to figure out, we believe those same problems enable us to personally grow the most. So we welcome people from all backgrounds who have the passion to change the world and also want to help create a supportive and collaborative environment. So that ultimately, we can learn together, solve together, build together, and move the world forward together.
Life at Uber
We’re building something people use everyday. From how you get home from work, to how you eat meals, or how you move huge shipments of absolutely anything, the work we contribute moves the world a few steps forward. And that’s one of the best parts about working here - knowing that the work you do helps shape the future.
And getting to that bright future means solving some of the most difficult problems of the present. It takes a lot of hard work, a lot of love, and support from colleagues all over the world. At Uber, we have brought together a world-class collective of problem solvers. And we all fundamentally understand that tough challenges help us personally grow the most. That’s why we wholeheartedly believe in learning by doing - and that there is no better classroom than real-world experience. Because if it helps you grow, then we all grow. Together.
Every day we’re making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we’re doing it at a global scale—celebrating the communities where we exist, energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world. The impact is visible and measurable, and that drives us to keep moving forward.