Head of Finance & Strategy
Jobbatical offers visa sponsorship
Jobbatical will arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate and cover the associated costs.
in Tallinn, Estonia
Are you an experienced finance whiz with a knack for budget planning? Do you want to take on fresh challenges in the startup world? Jobbatical is a fun, unique company in a truly exciting phase of its growth. Come help us scale! Read more about Jobbatical
- Financial analysis and modeling preparation
- Financial analysis of cost drivers/revenue drivers
- Review of key drivers of the company and set up company-wide KPIs
- Assist in setting up team specific KPIs
- Budget vs actual financial review
- Assist leadership in monitoring their KPIs, budgets and actual results
- Internal management reporting
- Financial reporting (management accounts, statutory accounts, investor reports)
- Lead accountants and business intelligence analysts
- Conducting simulation techniques for business model analysis
- Construction of the business model
- Capable of performing detailed business and financial analysis
- Good understanding of different business models and advanced cost modeling
- Profitability analysis, return on investment/discounted cash flow analysis
- Monitoring business issues and impact on the bottom line
- Capable of participation in cross-organization process design
- Heavy involvement in creation of yearly budget
- Ensuring yearly budget's continuous relevance to actual financials of the company
- Financial reporting - actual and forecasted
- Oversee projects and implement them successfully
- Research industry trends, competitors, etc. as necessary
- Assist in preparing Board, lender and internal management reporting packages
- Also, assist in preparing analytical reviews and graphs
- Attend key meetings, both internal and external
- Represent the company in communication with 3rd parties when needed & relevant
- Report findings from the meetings
- You have at least 7+ years of finance experience
- Knowledge of statistics
- Construction of the business model
- Experience with simulation techniques
- Experience with business model analysis
- Strong planning and analysis, business analytics and insights, forecasting/budgeting experience
- Ability to manage relationships with outsourced accounting team, banking relationships, VC relationships and auditors
- Experience with building and scaling operations from the ground up
- Comfortable in a hands-on, individual contributor type role
- Ability to manage a finance team
- Experience using various accounting tools
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Intelligence or Data Science
- Managerial communication skills
- It is highly preferred if you have prior tech startup experience
- Prior experience working in an HR organization or a marketplace is a definite plus
- Experience with online payment operations and multi-currency invoicing is a big plus
- Experience with the process of raising venture capital is another big plus
- Experience growing startup revenue will make you stand out
- Data crunching with tech tools and database (SQL, SAS, etc.) is a big plus
- MBA from a top school is a plus
- Fluent in English and other languages is a plus
- We'll offer you a competitive local salary and equity options.
- Your relocation package will include a visa and work permit. We'll also cover your international travel costs.
- We'll cover your accommodation costs for your first month in Tallinn.
- Your health insurance will be covered. You'll also get family leave, flexible hours, and an allowance for books, Uber, and sports.
- Working in our spacious office in Tallinn's coolest hipster-approved district, you'll enjoy a fully stocked fridge, a casual environment, fun outings, weekly team lunches... And a swing. We have a swing. We also brew our own kombucha. His name is Bob.
We're looking for an experienced, highly motivated individual to support the build-out and manage financial operations for our business as we scale from a 32-person team—currently reaching hundreds of thousands of users—to a much larger organization serving 1 billion people around the world.
You will work directly with the leadership team to manage key aspects of our financial processes and business modeling. You will be responsible for deeply understanding the product and business, pushing for financial strength and excellence, and enabling the team with effective processes that support both quality execution and growth.
About Jobbatical in Tallinn, Estonia
At Jobbatical, we think beyond borders and help the world work together. We believe the world really is your oyster and your next career step could take you to live in your dream city. People want to experience life and work on their own terms and join mission-driven teams, wherever they are in the world. We're a community of like-minded world travelers who believe in a fully connected world where the playing field is leveled and your merit doesn’t depend on your birthplace but on on the size of your dreams.
Our goal is to encourage companies to set aside cultural biases and hire the people with the best skill set for the job. We follow the same principles in recruiting for our own team—we don't discriminate based on nationality, gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or anything else that doesn't have anything to do with the role you'll be filling.
Life at Jobbatical
Moving to Estonia
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Estonia within 24 hours from accepting the job offer, if your new employer is classified as a startup.
If your new employer is not considered a startup, you can start after a maximum of 10 days from accepting the job offer.
If you hold the passport of a country that requires a visa to enter Estonia, you can move and start working within approximately 4 weeks.