Back-End Software Engineer
Take your back-end knowledge to stunning Singapore to join Agoda and help build their online hotel booking platform, one of the largest of its kind in the world. Read more about Agoda
- You have 2+ years’ experience under your belt developing performance-critical applications that run in a production environment using Scala and or Java.
- You have RDBMS knowledge (SQL Server, Oracle, MySql or other).
- Some bonus points if you have knowledge in one or more of the following: NoSQL (especially, but not only Cassandra), Queueing system experience (Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, MSMQ), Play framework, Akka library.
- You have a good command of the English language.
- You are passionate about the craft of software development and constantly work to improve your knowledge and skills.
- Those eligible to work in Singapore are preferred.
- Your package will include a competitive salary, private medical insurance, a pension fund, and a hotel discount scheme.
- We are happy to receive applications from both international and local candidates and offer visa sponsorship for eligible candidates.
- We offer a full relocation package for you and your family (including flights, a 20ft container, pet relocation, and 1 month's free accommodation).
- You'll enjoy our quarterly drinks, annual parties, and monthly social activities.
Agoda's Platform team is looking for developers to work on mission-critical systems that deal with the designing and development of a system that serves millions of users a day.
in Bangkok, Thailand
Agoda.com is one of the largest online hotel and accommodation platforms in the world. As a Priceline Group company, we are part of the largest online travel company in the world. Offering over 1 million accommodation options worldwide in 197 different destinations in 38 languages, our globe-spanning network of travel experts is at the cutting edge of an industry that is rapidly transforming the way the world travels.
Technology is not just what we do—it’s at the heart of who we are. From IT professionals managing hundreds of millions of data points to market managers building relationships with hotels to PR specialists networking with media around the globe, Agoda.com delivers an exciting, fast-paced environment in every one of our 36 locations worldwide.
Life at Agoda
Our workforce of over 2,800 professionals from 70 nationalities in locations around the globe is truly one of our biggest strengths. We pride ourselves on a dynamic workplace where creativity thrives and collaboration is key. A positive, enjoyable culture where people work hard but smile often is what keeps our team spirit high, and we encourage communication to be open, frequent, and constructive. We choose people who are dedicated to making things great, who are able to push boundaries, and who understand that cutting-edge products come from cutting-edge ideas. Our industry moves fast, and so must we—but we have a great time doing it.
Journey with us.
Agoda is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Read more about our culture (and our insider tips for Bangkok) on the Jobbatical blog: ow.ly/L9RU30c7EuZ