Data Warehouse Manager
Please leave your email to access this job on third-party website
in Accra, Ghana
We're looking for a strategic thinker, someone who looks at the bigger picture. More specifically, we're looking for a data warehouse manager to help us build a DW that will centrally host all our data and enable us to easily prepare reports, as well as carry out in-depth analysis that will help in making business-based decisions. If you're looking for a challenge, we want to hear from you! Read more about PEG Africa
- Develop and prepare the schedule for a new DW.
- Prepare plans for all ETL procedures and architectures.
- Analyze large databases and recommend appropriate optimization.
- Design data models and define both logical and physical models.
- Administer all requirements and design various functional specifications for data.
- Monitor DW work and provide subject matter expertise.
- Provide training to all employees of the development team.
- Coordinate with external clients and participate in various technical meetings.
- Design and implement various unit tests on the system and prepare test data.
- Map data between source systems, data warehouses, and data marts.
- Create supporting documentation, such as metadata and diagrams of entity relationships, business processes, and process flow.
- Provide or coordinate troubleshooting support for data warehouses.
- Conduct best practice assessments on data collection and storage within the company.
- Define and develop methods, techniques and criteria for data warehousing.
- Plan, coordinate, design and establish the DW to ensure effective management of data in the company.
- Maintain the DW in support of business intelligence and analytics for the company.
- Develop and maintain standards, processes and guidelines for the design of DW elements to ensure a consistent, well-managed and well-integrated secure data warehouse.
- Think creatively: PEG is a place that is permanently pushing the boundaries within its industry. We are not looking for someone that will just estimate models, write analyses and code. We want someone that will extract insights and provide business recommendations.
- Generate impact: We want someone obsessed with impact. We don’t want a person who is just interested in finding patterns in the data. We want someone that understands how to turn those discoveries into value for our customers and our internal teams every day.
- You have a bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, computer engineering or an equivalent qualification.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in data warehouse design and development.
- Proficiency in SQL is essential.
- Very strong ETL skills are essential.
- Experience in Cloud Data warehousing required.
- Experience in implementing real-time developing is desirable.
- You have a solid background in reporting and data analysis.
- You have programming experience (Python).
- Knowledge of Hadoop, Apache Spark is an advantage.
- You have experience with information technology (IT) enablement strategies and planning knowledge.
- You have extensive knowledge of business intelligence and analytics software, such as Micro Strategy, Pyramid, OBIEE, Microsoft Power BI and Qlikview.
- You have extensive knowledge in ETL development and maintenance.
- You have proven experience developing cubes, multi-dimensional models, tabular, data-marts, data-warehouses, etc.
- You have experience with business functional areas like data extraction, new variable creation and data.
- Big picture thinker
- Strategic thinker
- Able to provide strategic input and execute/operationalise
- Demonstrated collaborative skills
- Demonstrated pragmatism and innovation
- Avid learner, constantly keeping up-to-date with advances in technology
- Demonstrated experience in the data domain
- Project management - Waterfall and Agile
Compensation & Benefits
- Apply and let's discuss your salary and benefits.
- Choose to work in Accra, Abidjan, Dakar, Cape Town or New York. We're also offering the possibility to work remotely, with some travel required, for the right candidate.
Choose to work in Accra, Abidjan, Dakar, Cape Town or New York. We're also offering the possibility to work remotely, with some travel required, for the right candidate.
The role is a project-based 12-month contract with a possibility to extend to full-time.
About PEG Africa in Ghana
PEG delivers Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG) asset-based financing to consumers who lack both access to reliable electricity and formal banking services. PEG’s anchor product - a basic solar home system that includes three lights, a phone charger and a radio - allows consumers living on $5-10 per day to access clean light for working and studying after hours, avoid harmful air pollution from kerosene based lighting solutions, and also build credit for additional products and services over time.
To date, PEG has 400 full-time staff across Ghana and Ivory Coast. PEG has also won numerous awards, including the prestigious 2017 Ashden International Award for excellence in sustainable energy, and has been named as one of the “fastest growing companies in Africa” by the London Stock Exchange.