in Helsinki, Finland
Will future generations sing songs of your HR skills? Perhaps they will if you take on the mighty task of growing team Yousician from 55 to 150. The challenge is waiting for you in Finland—seize it now! Read more about Yousician
- Develop HR processes appropriate for the current size and structure of the company to enable the next phase of growth
- Systematically analyze recruiting, onboarding and performance evaluation processes and develop them further together with the management and the Backstage team
- Actively drive the recruiting of lead positions and focus on the roles that are more challenging to fill
- Support leads and individual team members in professional development
- Implement a performance evaluation system that allows team members to recognize and develop their potential, and the management to promote high-performers from within the company
- Advise the team on HR-related Finnish legislation matters
- Be a confidante for team members to talk about things they may not feel comfortable talking about with their direct leads
- Drive and improve company culture by communicating and living it, and by identifying potential problems and opportunities within the team and addressing them
- Help us build our employer image to attract great candidates and represent Yousician at recruitment-related events
- Background and degree in HR or social sciences, psychology, business, or another relevant field
- 5+ years of work experience in a fast-paced, high-performing startup environment
- Experience working in a growth company (20-200 people)
- International experience and outstanding communication skills in English
- Excellent planning, prioritization, and organizational skills and ability to quickly adapt to current needs
- A systematic and analytical person able to identify problematic areas and make suggestions to managers, HR or CxO team on addressing them
- Strong experience with recruiting and interviewing, preferably in the IT-sector/for technical, marketing, and business development roles
- Knowledge of modern recruitment tools and processes and a solid understanding of the compensation and benefits functions
- Strong interpersonal and teamworking skills (with both technical and non-technical individuals), as well as the ability to work independently
- Willingness to participate regularly in events outside normal office hours and on short notice, and the ability to travel internationally when we open offices abroad
- You’ll get a competitive compensation package and work in an awesome new office in the heart of Helsinki. We have lots of perks and quirks: daily push-up sessions, bonuses for sport activities, jam sessions, board game tournaments, sauna evenings, and our famous retreats in Greece, Thailand, and Tenerife.
At Yousician, our job is to reimagine music education so everyone can play. We’ve built an amazing team of creative, passionate, and independent people, all working together to help millions of musicians learn, play, reach their goals, and have fun. If this sounds like the right mission for you, you’re in the right place!
Developing the largest and fastest-growing music education app in the world is a real challenge, but very rewarding. Over the past 4 years, Yousician has grown from a team of 6 to 55 people. The company has been successful both financially and in building and maintaining a remarkable, high-performing team with a unique company culture. As the company continues to grow, we need to further develop this area and expand the team.
The purpose of this new full-time role is to help us scale up our young and passionate team from 55 people to around 150 in the next three years. As an experienced HR professional, you will join the Backstage (HR) team to work in close collaboration with the management and team leads.
As part of our team, you'll have a meaningful and profound impact on the lives of millions of musicians and future musicians all around the world. You'll work with an amazing group of people in a wide range of fields, and have real autonomy in small, efficient teams. You'll get the challenges and rewards that come with working in a successful and fast growing company, and the opportunity to grow your role.
We want Yousician to be the best place in the world to work, so we put a lot of effort into building a creative, motivating and fun working environment. We work in small efficient teams where everyone has autonomy, the freedom to make decisions, and a strong sense of ownership. We run experiments: we make systematic decisions, measure outcomes to see what works, and learn from experience.
Is this music to your ears? Then send us your application and CV (in English) and let's make the world a more musical place together! And remember, everyone who comes to a personal interview at our office gets a ukulele. #rockon
in Helsinki, Finland
Yousician is the largest and fastest-growing music education company in the world, with millions of users worldwide. Based in Helsinki, Finland, Yousician develops high-tech interactive software for learning guitar, piano, bass, and ukulele. Yousician provides real-time feedback on how you’re playing, combining the addictive features of computer games with songs and exercises to make the learning process easy, fun and motivating.
Yousician also develops the world's #1 guitar tuner app Guitar Tuna (iOS, Android, WP) and has won numerous international business awards including WIRED’s hottest Finnish startup, SXSW, Midem, Launch.edu, and educational awards such as Sunday Times 'World's best apps' and Best European Learning Game. We're hiring, so come join an amazing team and help us make the world a more musical place! For those joining us from abroad, we'll sponsor the necessary visas and permits.