Software Engineer (Node.js)
Please leave your email to access this job on third-party website
MYJAR does not offer visa sponsorship
MYJAR will not arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate or cover the associated costs.
in London, United Kingdom
As MYJAR's senior back-end software developer, you will be part of creating complex and interesting solutions for our built-in-house platform! Join us if you’re fun to work with and looking for a challenging environment! This is the place where you can apply your knowledge in a responsible and successful company. Read more about MYJAR
- You'll be coding user stories and automated tests.
- You'll create architectural designs.
- You will investigate and fix bugs and issues.
- You will document solutions and requirements.
- We expect you to maintain development environments and tools.
- You will share technical knowledge and experience with team members.
- You will be executing manual and automated regression tests.
- You'll own implementation quality and technical debt.
- You have in-depth knowledge of object-oriented programming.
- You have at least 3 years of experience in Agile software development.
- You have excellent analytical, problem-solving, and technical troubleshooting skills.
- You will be able to demonstrate experience working with PHP, Node.js, SQL (PostgreSQL, MySQL, NoSQL), object-oriented programming (OOP) and model-view-controller (MVC), programming principles (Clean Code, Test Driven Development).
- You are focused on output and quality and have a habit of documenting your work.
- You have a good understanding of front-end technologies (HTML, CSS, JS, JQuery) and testing principles.
- You have very good spoken and written English skills.
- You are an EU citizen or you have an EU work permit.
Compensation & Benefits
- Motivation package that supports a healthy lifestyle
- A competitive salary
- An awesome team to be part of - we have friendly, multicultural and talented people
- Regular team events to break the routine
- An international environment with contemporary tools and modern practices
- Room to grow within a successful business
- A modern office in the heart of London
In this role, you will be participating in the full software engineering lifecycle of MYJAR’s web applications and services. You will be part of a cross-functional team owning internal and external applications aligned to a common business domain. Your main tasks will include coding user stories and automated tests, investigating and fixing issues, creating architectural designs, and ensuring the services run reliably.
To succeed in the role, you will need to have a solid understanding of programming principles and experience working in an Agile team. Strong knowledge of Node.js is essential and PHP is beneficial. Knowledge of SQL and microservices architecture is also key. We expect that you have worked with Linux environments, SSH and Git. In addition to having an excellent command of English, you also have a BS or MS in computer science, information systems, or similar. We're looking for someone who is continuously learning and examining the way we work to find opportunities for improvement.
About MYJAR in Tallinn, Estonia
MYJAR is a new kind of financial services company, designed for today’s customers. We help people manage their finances by providing responsible short-term loans to reliable borrowers.
Our business began in 2008 and since our inception, we have provided loans with a value of GBP 350M in the UK. Following authorisation by the Financial Conduct Authority, MYJAR is growing very quickly and needs a talented team of specialists to achieve our ambitious goals.
If you are interested in building your career with a dynamic innovative team and strong international investors, this is the right place for you. At MYJAR we work a little differently from other financial service companies. We are committed to providing small amounts of credit responsibly to reliable customers. We treat our customers with respect and appreciate that we exist because of them. We are currently a business of 200 people and operate from offices in the City of London, Jersey, and run a technology, development and customer service center in the vibrant city of Tallinn.
Life at MYJAR
Want to know more about life at MYJAR? You can read more about us on the Jobbatical blog bit.ly/2prowe8