Chapter Lead for Quality Assurance
MYJAR offers visa sponsorship
MYJAR will arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate and cover the associated costs.
in Tallinn, Estonia
At MYJAR, people within our IT engineering function are organized into squads - autonomous, cross-functional teams with full responsibility for a particular business subdomain or set of related features. Squads are formed of people from different disciplines - Chapters, as we call them. We are looking for a technical manager to become a member of and lead the Quality Assurance Chapter. Read more about MYJAR
- You are hands-on and contribute to day-to-day work as a Quality Engineer.
- You will be our line manager, responsible for leading, developing and managing a team of Quality Engineers.
- You'll be working closely with Squads, Product Owners, and other stakeholders to ensure teams are performing well and we deliver world-class products and services, tools, and capabilities.
- You will be leading by example and providing structure, direction, and purpose to your chapter.
- You will facilitate effective communication and engagement between people.
- You'll be responsible for helping attract, recruit and retain talent and support learning and development.
- You will be involved in the design and implementation of features that are being developed.
- You will participate in and contribute to discussions about software and systems architecture.
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about Quality Assurance with several years of hands-on experience, including automation.
- You have experience working with scalable systems and testing within Agile development, using PHP, Java, Python, JS, HTML.
- You have experience of leading, coaching and mentoring technical people.
- You are proactive and an excellent communicator who enjoys collaboration with others and is eager to solve problems.
- You have a desire and willingness to learn about new technologies and tools.
- Motivation package that supports a healthy lifestyle
- A competitive salary
- An environment with tools and practices that are the latest industry trends
- Team events to break the routine and a comfortable office in the city centre
- An interesting job in a growing international company
- A chance to apply your technical knowledge and also lead a team
- An awesome team to be part of – we have friendly, multicultural and talented people
About MYJAR in Tallinn, Estonia
MYJAR is a new kind of financial services company, designed for today’s customers. We help people manage their finances by providing responsible short-term loans to reliable borrowers.
Our business began in 2008 and since our inception, we have provided loans with a value of GBP 350M in the UK. Following authorisation by the Financial Conduct Authority, MYJAR is growing very quickly and needs a talented team of specialists to achieve our ambitious goals.
If you are interested in building your career with a dynamic innovative team and strong international investors, this is the right place for you. At MYJAR we work a little differently from other financial service companies. We are committed to providing small amounts of credit responsibly to reliable customers. We treat our customers with respect and appreciate that we exist because of them. We are currently a business of 150 people and operate from offices in the City of London and run a technology, development and customer service center in the vibrant city of Tallinn.
Life at MYJAR
Want to know more about life at MYJAR? You can read more about us on the Jobbatical blog bit.ly/2prowe8
Moving to Estonia
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Estonia within 24 hours from accepting the job offer, if your new employer is classified as a startup.
If your new employer is not considered a startup, you can start after a maximum of 10 days from accepting the job offer.
If you hold the passport of a country that requires a visa to enter Estonia, you can move and start working within approximately 4 weeks.